Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@primaeval, @CaptainT

I am running latest version 2.1.2 and note previous iPlayer WWW version live streams for BBC One and BBC Two at very lowest bitrate (lower than 1.0 mbps) are not available anymore.
They used to be handy in my usage case with the earlier versions when any/all of the higher bit rate streams paused/stuttered after minutes during peak traffic periods on Internet. (which used to be very irritating)

However "so far" I have personally noted that low "1.0mbps llnw" streams are currently providing me with the most reliable and consistent playback over longer duration periods with an overall picture quality that whilst not HD is very acceptable on a 42inch HD TV.

I am therefore keeping my fingers crossed that these 1.0mbps llnw streams will prove more reliable in longer term and especially in afternoon/evenings at weekends.
(reliable constant stream is the most important feature for all users at any selected bitrate)

Thanks so much for all your continuing hard work, maintaining and improving this add-on; very much appreciated. CoolCoolSmile
(2016-03-03, 20:28)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The Fastest setting should pick up the 5.5 Mbps stream if it exists.

I never even thought about using 'Fastest' since to me it meant 'less susceptible to buffering'...
Thank you so much for your constant support.
(2016-03-03, 12:46)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:21)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:13)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough - thought it worth asking Smile

I'll go with having a look at Primaeval's method, and maybe hacking about with the add-on myself.

A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?

Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...e/kidsmode

@primaeval - just tried it, and even with the children's mode switch set in the settings, it doesn't seem to make any difference? I have full access to all the menu and channel options as normal, and all of the media seems to be available?

Am I doing something wrong? I've tweaked the addon.xml slightly to allow it to install in parallel with the normal iPlayer app for testing purposes (I've renamed it "iPlayer Kids") but all of the rest of the code itself is the same as your git zip.
(2016-03-02, 08:03)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 01:30)garynl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-28, 19:35)garynl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
ran a quick test but things didn't work. I have attached link to the kodi log on pastebin
Running on Raspberry PI2 / Openelec 6.01 / Kodi 15.2 /iplayer www 2.0.2 downloaded from github this afternoon
Tried to listen to the following:

Listen Live/
Radio 1 - No error but no sound
Radio 1Xtra - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 2 - No error but no sound
Radio 3 - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 4 FM - No error but no sound
Radio 4 LW - error "One of more items failed to play..."

http://pastebin.com/WYGa3d5u

Really appreciate you looking at this.
Gary

Back at home and just noticed that while the live audio doesn't work, the podcasts do.

Did you try turning "Play stream automatically using these settings" off in Settings\Streams? You should get a list of International and UK streams for each Radio channel. Let me know if any work for you.

Yes, switching that setting off allows me to see all the available streams and selecting an international stream works. Thanks a lot!
(2016-03-03, 21:22)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:46)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:21)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?

Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...e/kidsmode

@primaeval - just tried it, and even with the children's mode switch set in the settings, it doesn't seem to make any difference? I have full access to all the menu and channel options as normal, and all of the media seems to be available?

Am I doing something wrong? I've tweaked the addon.xml slightly to allow it to install in parallel with the normal iPlayer app for testing purposes (I've renamed it "iPlayer Kids") but all of the rest of the code itself is the same as your git zip.

You have probably got a conflict in your addon directory. There are some hardcoded paths that point to addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww in the code. When you grab the zip from github it usually appends the branch to the directory.

If you have 2 installed I expect the iplayer kids is calling the iplayer normal addon code.
(2016-03-03, 20:41)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 20:28)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The Fastest setting should pick up the 5.5 Mbps stream if it exists.

I never even thought about using 'Fastest' since to me it meant 'less susceptible to buffering'...
Thank you so much for your constant support.

I changed it to Highest at one point, but it got changed back to Fastest for some reason.
(2016-03-04, 07:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 21:22)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 12:46)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...e/kidsmode

You have probably got a conflict in your addon directory. There are some hardcoded paths that point to addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww in the code. When you grab the zip from github it usually appends the branch to the directory.

If you have 2 installed I expect the iplayer kids is calling the iplayer normal addon code.

OK, I'll try again tonight removing the main add-on first. Will update later.
Upgraded to 2.1.2 and live streams in HD are working fine for me. However, I've noticed that episode aired date and info no longer appears in any of the on demand sections (categories, az list, etc.). Is anyone else finding this or is it just at my end?

Edit: Aired date and info appears if I select individual episodes, but not when they are grouped.
(2016-03-04, 14:52)jcorsaut Wrote: [ -> ]Upgraded to 2.1.2 and live streams in HD are working fine for me. However, I've noticed that episode aired date and info no longer appears in any of the on demand sections (categories, az list, etc.). Is anyone else finding this or is it just at my end?

I just did a re-install to check and everything seems ok with 2.1.2 to me.
Do you see any dates when you Sort by Date? Are you using a different skin? Did you install any versions from Github directly?

There is no date or info in the Radio section at all.
Quick update for everyone: primaeval has been busy again and improved live TV once more. We now have a new and hopefully more stable source than before. I have just created 2.1.3 as a new release and created the pull-request to the official repo.

Please note one important point: Everyone who uses autoplay for live streams must adapt the preferences for the live bitrate. Please do this immediately after you receive the update. Otherwise, you may attempt to play back content at a completely wrong bitrate.
Updated to 2.1.3 - HD live and catch up streams are working fine.
Primaeval/CaptainT ,

Would there be any great difficulties in adding Red Button options?
Many additional sport events are usually shown on those streams.
Thank you for any consideration.
(2016-03-09, 23:18)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]Primaeval/CaptainT ,

Would there be any great difficulties in adding Red Button options?
Many additional sport events are usually shown on those streams.
Thank you for any consideration.

I had a look at this the other day and I couldn't see how to get the information.

I couldn't find anything specific to the Red Button on the actual iPlayer site, which is what we scrape: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
There isn't a live channel for the Red Button that I could find.

This Red Button page currently has no episodes on the iPlayer, so I can't test if that is picked up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01k2r74

If you do a search for "Red Button" in the addon several rugby programmes are found.

Let me know if you find anything we could scrape.
(2016-03-10, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look at this the other day and I couldn't see how to get the information.

I couldn't find anything specific to the Red Button on the actual iPlayer site, which is what we scrape: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

This Red Button page currently has no episodes on the iPlayer, so I can't test if that is picked up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01k2r74

If you do a search for "Red Button" in the addon several rugby programmes are found.

Primaeval,

All Red Button streams come from ve-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net (a165.w16.akamai.net).
There are apparently up to 24 streams for Red Button, each with 5 options ranging from 512kbs to 3500kbs.
The streams I have tried are not always live, giving you a test card (see below)

In truth, I have never used any Red Button passed #5.
You can download them in zip here
(2016-03-10, 08:45)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 07:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look at this the other day and I couldn't see how to get the information.

Primaeval,

All Red Button streams come from ve-hds-uk-live.edgesuite.net (a165.w16.akamai.net).
There are apparently up to 24 streams for Red Button, each with 5 options ranging from 512kbs to 3500kbs.
The streams I have tried are not always live, giving you a test card (see below)

In truth, I have never used any Red Button passed #5.
You can download them in zip here

Excellent. Thanks.
Is there a web page where these streams are listed? I would prefer to scrape them in case they change. The pool number looks quite precarious and could easily be moved by edgesuite.