Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-24, 11:52)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]one observation - when clicking on 'red button' menu option from the iplayer plugin directly , a warning pop up message comes on every time.
would it be possible to add something like 'remember my decision' so user doesn't have to click on 'Agree' every time, please?

That was my opinion too. Tell CaptainT you don't like his nag screen. Wink
I think they work fine without a warning even though they are intermittent and loop if there is nothing on.

If you add them to Favourites or the addons.ini file you can bypass the dialog.
I don't like it, no Smile
Sure, easy to bypass via TV guide.
On a different note, have you noticed that TV guide behaves a bit weird if you enable the OSD menu?
At times, when you start a stream, only sound comes on and no video until you press 'i' to trigger the OSD menu or wait x seconds.
Doesn't happen every time, but does get annoying - so I disabled it even though it is nice to see the description of the programme while watching.
Also, BBC clearly is being cheap on the red button streams as the London Marathon one is only 25 FPS?
Or is it just me?
(2016-04-24, 12:09)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like it, no Smile
Sure, easy to bypass via TV guide.
On a different note, have you noticed that TV guide behaves a bit weird if you enable the OSD menu?
At times, when you start a stream, only sound comes on and no video until you press 'i' to trigger the OSD menu or wait x seconds.
Doesn't happen every time, but does get annoying - so I disabled it even though it is nice to see the description of the programme while watching.
Also, BBC clearly is being cheap on the red button streams as the London Marathon one is only 25 FPS?
Or is it just me?

By default the iplayer addon uses autoplay to play the stream. It takes a bit of time to read the information that finds the stream.

If you want it to speed up turn off autoplay and add your favourite substream to the favourites menu. Then add it to TV Guide. It should be a bit quicker and probably will fix the osd problem.

If you lose the stream because the url has changed you will have to re-add the channel to favourites and then TV Guide.
They probably won't change too often.

Recently we had to change stream location in the addon because the HD streams vanished from the location we were using.

There might be some higher quality Red Button streams but this is all we could find.

The BBC have talked about scraping the Red Button streams completely.
tried mapping the actual stream (with disabled autoplay) - didn't help.
wasn't that much faster, either.
not a big issue anyway.

I guess we should be happy for having red streams for the time being.
(2016-04-24, 12:46)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]tried mapping the actual stream (with disabled autoplay) - didn't help.
wasn't that much faster, either.
not a big issue anyway.

I guess we should be happy for having red streams for the time being.

What hardware are you running on?
TV Guide can be a bit slow on rpi and Android.
Hi, I installed this Addons it read " Enabled" yet when I try to play it nothing happens!
What am I doing wrong?
Would appreciate any advise/help!!Huh
(2016-04-24, 12:57)cathorio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I installed this Addons it read " Enabled" yet when I try to play it nothing happens!
What am I doing wrong?
Would appreciate any advise/help!!Huh

Is this the first time you have used it?
Do you see any menus?

It only works in the UK.
Make sure you get it from the official Kodi repo.
Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l), 4 cores available
Product: n200, Device: NEO-X8H-PLUS, Board: NEO-X8H-PLUS - Manufacturer: MINIX, Brand: MINIX, Model: NEO-X8H-PLUS, Hardware: amlogic
(2016-04-24, 13:03)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l), 4 cores available
Product: n200, Device: NEO-X8H-PLUS, Board: NEO-X8H-PLUS - Manufacturer: MINIX, Brand: MINIX, Model: NEO-X8H-PLUS, Hardware: amlogic

I think that is close to the MXQ Android box I use too. It is a bit slow with TV Guide because there is a lot of slow python code for accessing databases and parsing xml files.

If you do a lot of channel surfing you might want to experiment with PseudoTV Live. I don't know if it is faster on your hardware but please let me know if it is.

There is a new tv guide from noobs and nerds that promises to be fast: TV Portal. I tried it out and it was a bit tricky to set up but you have already dealt with webgrab so it should be easy for you. Wink
http://noobsandnerds.com/support/showthr...?tid=16507
I will give it a go.
Cheers!!??
(2016-04-24, 13:16)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 13:03)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l), 4 cores available

I think that is close to the MXQ Android box I use too. It is a bit slow with TV Guide because there is a lot of slow python code for accessing databases and parsing xml files.

If you do a lot of channel surfing you might want to experiment with PseudoTV Live. I don't know if it is faster on your hardware but please let me know if it is.

There is a new tv guide from noobs and nerds that promises to be fast: TV Portal. I tried it out and it was a bit tricky to set up but you have already dealt with webgrab so it should be easy for you. Wink

It takes about 5-7 seconds to get the video on screen after selecting the channel in TV guide - this also includes the TV switching screen mode and iplayer addon selecting, accessing and loading/buffering the stream.
I think I can live with that as I don't change channels frequently.
If I feel the urge to play around with scripts and installation again, I may give the TV Portal a go. Smile
(2016-04-24, 13:37)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 13:16)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

It takes about 5-7 seconds to get the video on screen after selecting the channel in TV guide - this also includes the TV switching screen mode and iplayer addon selecting, accessing and loading/buffering the stream.
If I feel the urge to play around with scripts and installation again, I may give the TV Portal a go. Smile

and there is almost no difference in how long it takes for the video to come on between using autoplay and using the specific substream directly.
(2016-04-24, 13:45)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 13:37)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]It takes about 5-7 seconds to get the video on screen after selecting the channel in TV guide - this also includes the TV switching screen mode and iplayer addon selecting, accessing and loading/buffering the stream.

and there is almost no difference in how long it takes for the video to come on between using autoplay and using the specific substream directly.

On Windows it takes less than a second.

The quickest way I can think of changing channels is setting the streams you want to remote control number buttons and bypass the TV Guide.
You can try this in a keymap file to launch the channels from buttons.

You will have to find the key codes for your keyboard or remote control.

I have mapped them to a keyboard in Windows, buttons 1-7.

If you want others get the PlayMedia url from the Favourites.xml file.

You can use keyboard modifiers to use more channels (shift, ctrl etc).

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61489">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_one_hd&amp;mode=203&amp;name=BBC+One&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_one.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61490">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_two_hd&amp;mode=203&amp;name=BBC+Two&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_two.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61491">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_four_hd&amp;mode=203&amp;name=BBC+Four&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_four.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61492">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=cbbc_hd&amp;mode=203&amp;name=CBBC&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fcbbc.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61493">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=cbeebies_hd&amp;mode=203&amp;name=CBeebies&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fcbeebies.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61494">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_news24&amp;mode=203&amp;name=BBC+News+Channel&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_news24.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
            <key id="61495">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_parliament&amp;mode=203&amp;name=BBC+Parliament&amp;iconimage=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_parliament.png&amp;description=&amp;subtitles_url=&amp;logged_in=False&quot;)</key>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>
(2016-04-24, 13:56)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 13:45)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 13:37)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]It takes about 5-7 seconds to get the video on screen after selecting the channel in TV guide - this also includes the TV switching screen mode and iplayer addon selecting, accessing and loading/buffering the stream.

On Windows it takes less than a second.

The quickest way I can think of changing channels is setting the streams you want to remote control number buttons and bypass the TV Guide.

It is the adaptive rate switching of MINIX that makes the TV switch refresh rate. Disabling this, it takes less than 2 seconds but then I get stutter due to TV not matching the frame rate correctly.