Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-29, 09:26)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-29, 09:05)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]This could be the end of the world for the addon:
iPlayer could be given password protection and subscription fee under BBC reforms
Not necessarily. If they use the existing BBCiD login, it should work without a problem.

Hopefully. But if they are going after maximum revenue they might use some encryption and ip location protection.
(2016-04-29, 09:30)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-29, 09:26)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily. If they use the existing BBCiD login, it should work without a problem.
Hopefully. But if they are going after maximum revenue they might use some encryption and ip location protection.

They already use the latter, so that should not be a problem. Encryption might be a bigger issue, but I don't see why they would need it.

Let's face it: There is nothing we can do about this, so we should just sit tight and wait what the future brings. If they try to maximize profits, it is our choice to take our money elsewhere. Life goes on with or without access to iPlayer. It may not be as nice, but it is certainly not the end of the world.

I truly believe that this will solve itself over time. If they overprice the product, people will just not buy it. Back to Freesat and a hard disc recorder. This is not as convenient, but it works. Thus, if the new system is commercially unsuccessful, they will have to reconsider. It might take a decade, but it will happen eventually.
Announcement: I've created a new (UK) TV Listings addon. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=271858

It can launch iplayerwww catchup programs from TV schedules via Meta4Kodi.

It supports other addons too, such as for filmon playback.

The data comes from tvguide.co.uk.

I looked at adding schedule data from the BBC to iplayerwww but it is a nasty mess of json calls. Maybe later.
Am I being really thick? I can't seem to find the radio stations. It's all just TV?
(2016-04-30, 05:55)rowdybean Wrote: [ -> ]Am I being really thick? I can't seem to find the radio stations. It's all just TV?

Try looking in the Music section.
Got it. Thanks
(2016-04-30, 08:45)rowdybean Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. Thanks

It should really be called Audio but it's a historical XBMC artefact I imagine.
While on the subject of Kodi menu, is there a central place to manage favourites?
So far, I have only found additional add-ons that seem do this or one could directly edit favourites.xml, I suppose?
(2016-04-30, 10:10)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]While on the subject of Kodi menu, is there a central place to manage favourites?
So far, I have only found additional add-ons that seem do this or one could directly edit favourites.xml, I suppose?

The built-in Favourites in Kodi is pretty limited.
Super Favourites is the most powerful addon to organise your favourites. It can be a bit of beast though.
Many addons have their own favourites handling internally.
(2016-04-30, 10:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 10:10)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]While on the subject of Kodi menu, is there a central place to manage favourites?

Super Favourites is the most powerful addon to organise your favourites. It can be a bit of beast though.

I gather that is a no, then Smile
(2016-04-30, 10:25)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 10:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Super Favourites is a central place to manage favourites.
(2016-04-30, 10:26)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 10:25)bluezone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 10:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The built-in Favourites in Kodi is pretty limited.

Super Favourites is a central place to manage favourites.

I hear the developer is quite helpful too Smile
I'll second that. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I tried to search the thread for any information on my problem.

I would like to use this addon from Denmark, by the use of tunlr.com (smartDNS). It works fine with the iplayer in the browser, but the addon fails to play anything, and often also comes up with the info on that it only works in the UK. If it works in the browser, why doesn't it work in the kodi addon?

Code:
19:46:38 T:140142761207552   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'keyword'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 207, in <module>
                                                Video.AddAvailableLiveStreamItem(name, url, iconimage)
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 822, in AddAvailableLiveStreamItem
                                                PlayStream(name, streams_available[0][4], iconimage, '', '')
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 94, in <module>
                                                keyword = utf8_unquote_plus(params["keyword"])
                                            KeyError: 'keyword'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:46:38 T:140144519178752   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_one_hd&mode=203&name=BBC+One&iconimage=%2Fhome%2Ftermo%2F.kodi%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_one.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

Regards
Termo
(2016-05-02, 20:47)Termo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I tried to search the thread for any information on my problem.

I would like to use this addon from Denmark, by the use of tunlr.com (smartDNS). It works fine with the iplayer in the browser, but the addon fails to play anything, and often also comes up with the info on that it only works in the UK. If it works in the browser, why doesn't it work in the kodi addon?

Code:
19:46:38 T:140142761207552   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'keyword'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 207, in <module>
                                                Video.AddAvailableLiveStreamItem(name, url, iconimage)
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 822, in AddAvailableLiveStreamItem
                                                PlayStream(name, streams_available[0][4], iconimage, '', '')
                                              File "/home/termo/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 94, in <module>
                                                keyword = utf8_unquote_plus(params["keyword"])
                                            KeyError: 'keyword'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:46:38 T:140144519178752   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_one_hd&mode=203&name=BBC+One&iconimage=%2Fhome%2Ftermo%2F.kodi%2Faddons%2Fplugin.video.iplayerwww%2Fmedia%2Fbbc_one.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

Regards
Termo

iPlayer is only licensed in the UK for the content the addon provides.
The BBC has been actively blocking users from outside the UK.
The addon uses different sources than the browser.