Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm suddenly haveing problems with this addon which was working well until recently. I'm in the UK so in theory all should work for me.

when i try and open any of the folders such as highlights i get an error saying

iplayer WWW error
pleasse check the log for more information

an extract of the log for the point of error can be found here
http://paste.ubuntu.com/16293701/

but the error seems to be this bit
Code:
06:47:23 T:140259513845504   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: osrandom engine already registered
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/loz/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                import ipwww_common as Common
                                              File "/home/loz/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_common.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "/home/loz/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
                                              File "/home/loz/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 54, in <module>
                                                import OpenSSL.SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from OpenSSL._util import (
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                binding = Binding()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 63, in __init__
                                                self._ensure_ffi_initialized()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 95, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
                                                cls._register_osrandom_engine()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 70, in _register_osrandom_engine
                                                raise RuntimeError("osrandom engine already registered")
                                            RuntimeError: osrandom engine already registered
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I've no idea what I'm supposed to do about this? any suggestions

PS I'm running my kodi install on ubuntu
(2016-05-08, 07:55)lozbrown85 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I'm suddenly haveing problems with this addon which was working well until recently. I'm in the UK so in theory all should work for me.

when i try and open any of the folders such as highlights i get an error saying

iplayer WWW error
pleasse check the log for more information

I've no idea what I'm supposed to do about this? any suggestions

PS I'm running my kodi install on ubuntu

Looks like a problem we have seen before, see here. There is/was an incompatibility between certain versions of Requests (a module iPlayer WWW uses internally) and osrandom (a module Requests uses). The incomaptible versions might just have hit your Ubuntu installation.

Unfortunately, there is not much the add-on can do about this. Basically it is a third party add-on used internally that is broken in a certain version.

I thought this problem was fixed a long time ago. Please check if you can find any updates to Requests or Kodi itself.
What implications is this likely to have?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-t...ce-7952786
(2016-05-12, 15:28)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]What implications is this likely to have?

from the looks of it, you are going to need valid bbc iplayer credentials...
(2016-05-12, 15:34)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-12, 15:28)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]What implications is this likely to have?

Can't see that happening myself. I reckon it'll just be a warning page like you currently get when you access live content via the iPlayer website.
(2016-05-12, 15:34)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't be so sure about this. If you check the actual white paper at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...ed__1_.pdf you will find that it is very vague. It says on page 95:

Quote:In order to improve enforcement and allow BBC content to be ‘portable’ for UK licence fee payers (so they could gain access while on holiday in Europe, something which is currently not offered) the government thinks there is a case for iPlayer to require verification – i.e. access should be conditional upon verification of licence fee payment – so that individuals in other countries, and those in the UK not paying the fee, cannot access licence fee funded content for free. The government will discuss verification and other options with the BBC and look at the best way of implementing this, including through regulations if needed. It will be up to the BBC to determine whether this is an appropriate means of charging international viewers.

So there is no decision whether or not to implement a technical enforcement and what technology to use. In fact, this may be good news for Brits on holiday or even for an international audience if they decide to open iPlayer as a subscription service.

Would this work with the add-on? Noone knows today. It all comes down to how the technical enforcement may be implemented. If they use the BBCiD it may well work without any changes.

Other than that I believe the discussion should be continued in another thread, perhaps this one: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2268072
Just to let everyone know: The Beeb have fiddled around with some things again. Highlights are currently broken and so are some programmes. 2.2.1 will fix both these issues.
Thanks CaptainT.

I was getting all sorts of weird issues from SD only streams (where there had been HD streams before), to stuttering and cookie errors.
2.2.1 fixed everything (so far).

m
Perhaps changes to the Favourites (now 'Added' in 'My Programmes') on the BBC web site have finally caught up with this add-on. I'm getting errors whenever I try to access my Favourites. Log in seems to work fine -- only the URL scrape seems to fail. I can see/play any content, just the personal programme listing fails.

Log:

06:58:27 T:14292 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\oattes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 127, in <module>
Video.ListFavourites(logged_in)
File "C:\Users\oattes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 961, in ListFavourites
json_data = json.loads(html)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
06:58:27 T:14696 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=url&mode=108&name=Favourites&iconimage=&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False
(2016-06-14, 13:06)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps changes to the Favourites (now 'Added' in 'My Programmes') on the BBC web site have finally caught up with this add-on. I'm getting errors whenever I try to access my Favourites. Log in seems to work fine -- only the URL scrape seems to fail. I can see/play any content, just the personal programme listing fails.

Thanks a lot for this problem report. As I rarely use this feature, I was unaware of the change on the website. 2.3.1 will fix this problem and has already been submitted to the official repo.

A similar problem also exists for Radio Favourites/Added, which currently just comes up empty. I have created an issue on GitHub for this problem. It will be addressed in a future release.
(2016-06-14, 19:20)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-14, 13:06)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps changes to the Favourites (now 'Added' in 'My Programmes') on the BBC web site have finally caught up with this add-on. I'm getting errors whenever I try to access my Favourites. Log in seems to work fine -- only the URL scrape seems to fail. I can see/play any content, just the personal programme listing fails.

Thanks a lot for this problem report. As I rarely use this feature, I was unaware of the change on the website. 2.3.1 will fix this problem and has already been submitted to the official repo.

A similar problem also exists for Radio Favourites/Added, which currently just comes up empty. I have created an issue on GitHub for this problem. It will be addressed in a future release.

I'm happy to do my part and I'm even happier when you are so prompt with a reply and a fix Big Grin
(2016-06-14, 19:20)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]A similar problem also exists for Radio Favourites/Added, which currently just comes up empty. I have created an issue on GitHub for this problem. It will be addressed in a future release.

Thanks to primaeval's quick response this problem will be fixed in 2.3.2, which is on it's way already.
This addon works great for live content in glorious HD but does not seem to work for catch-up TV ATM,
where we get "available to play in the UK only" even though all other devices in the house, laptops, iOS works fine on the same
network for both live and catch-up.
This is with iplayer 2.3.2 on Kodi Openelec and Libreelec, all builds we have tried so far.
Anyone else seeing this? Thanx...
(2016-06-18, 11:30)houser Wrote: [ -> ]This addon works great for live content in glorious HD but does not seem to work for catch-up TV ATM,
where we get "available to play in the UK only" even though all other devices in the house, laptops, iOS works fine on the same
This is with iplayer 2.3.2 on Kodi Openelec and Libreelec, all builds we have tried so far.
Just tried catch-up and working fine for me on LibreELEC with iplayerwww 2.3.2
Note: I have option to always select stream level to playback, have you tried this method to see if some of available streams play for a given catch-up item, if/when others dont?
(2016-06-18, 11:30)houser Wrote: [ -> ]This addon works great for live content in glorious HD but does not seem to work for catch-up TV ATM,

Assuming that you are in the UK and add-on just thinks it is not in the UK, I would guess that this particular box uses different DNS-settings or possibly a proxy of some sorts. We had a similar case long time ago with another user. He had played with the DNS settings to stop his Amazon Firestick from auto-updating. Unfortunately, he also blocked servers which are used by the add-on, so he always got the message that he was not in the UK.