Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@irn|bru This manifesto finds the akamai pa4 m3u8 streams that play well:
Code:
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/webcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/sport_stream_09.m3u8
The corresponding Limelight one's streams suck though.
Looks like the providers are moving things around a bit this week.
(2016-06-25, 21:52)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]In the code we read the f4m manifesto and cheat by converting the f4m links to m3u8 links. It used to work, until this week.
Here is a little script that runs through all the possible ways of getting the streams that we know of. There isn't one that finds the Red Button streams directly but that is what we are looking for. Our Glastonbury holy grail. Wink
https://gist.github.com/primaeval/276a3965194a8ee167a6

Well my understanding of code isn't great -- I usually just hack at things -- but I get what it's doing.

(2016-06-25, 23:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@irn|bru This manifesto finds the akamai pa4 m3u8 streams that play well:
Code:
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/webcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/sport_stream_09.m3u8

Ah nice one! I agree that things are getting moved around a bit. From the different feeds I've grabbed over the course of a few days, it's changed on numerous occasions, or at least looking back that's probably the answer. I had originally just added the m3u8's to an strm file and then when even that changed, I knew something was up. At least it's working and for now we have the direct links to the highest streams.
(2016-06-26, 16:34)irn|bru Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-25, 21:52)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]In the code we read the f4m manifesto and cheat by converting the f4m links to m3u8 links. It used to work, until this week.
Here is a little script that runs through all the possible ways of getting the streams that we know of. There isn't one that finds the Red Button streams directly but that is what we are looking for. Our Glastonbury holy grail. Wink
https://gist.github.com/primaeval/276a3965194a8ee167a6

Well my understanding of code isn't great -- I usually just hack at things -- but I get what it's doing.

(2016-06-25, 23:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@irn|bru This manifesto finds the akamai pa4 m3u8 streams that play well:
Code:

Ah nice one! I agree that things are getting moved around a bit. From the different feeds I've grabbed over the course of a few days, it's changed on numerous occasions, or at least looking back that's probably the answer. I had originally just added the m3u8's to an strm file and then when even that changed, I knew something was up. At least it's working and for now we have the direct links to the highest streams.

CaptainT has added those links into the main iplayerwww addon now and it should be out in 2.3.4 I think.

I made a little test addon that finds all the possible known bbc streams. It uses f4mtester for f4m links. It should help if we lose streams again in the future. Beware: at the moment it hangs on closing red button f4m streams that just have a test card.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.bbc.live
(2016-06-26, 17:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]CaptainT has added those links into the main iplayerwww addon now and it should be out in 2.3.4 I think.

I made a little test addon that finds all the possible known bbc streams. It uses f4mtester for f4m links. It should help if we lose streams again in the future. Beware: at the moment it hangs on closing red button f4m streams that just have a test card.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.bbc.live

That's a really handy little add-on, thank you! I too was having the hanging problems yesterday when playing the f4m links manually. I shall keep an eye on it.
Using rpi2 with latest milhouse LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) and suddenly noticing an improvement in stabilty and playback of highest quaility live limelight streams. Anyone else using and noticing stabilty improvement #0629 onwards?

In the past the higher quailty streams (3.1Mbps+) would start to video/audio stutter after short period.
(Even though I have high speed 300Mb optic internet connection)

Watched Wimbledon then Wales - Portugal match yesterday afternoon/evening on BBC2 & 1 and not a single dropout/pause when selecting/utilising 3.1Mpbs limelight stream.

Note: #0629 LibreELEC Testbuild for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0), ffmpeg was updated to 3.1

Heres hoping this is not just temporary "placebo effect" at my end Cool
MikeKL, are you using MMAL or OMX? Noticed the stutter on a few iplayer streams, tends to stutter badly about half way through and then recovers back to normal.

(2016-07-02, 11:11)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]In the past the higher quailty streams (3.1Mbps+) would start to video/audio stutter after short period.
(Even though I have high speed 300Mb optic internet connection)
I have a similar experience with iPlayer and the ITVPlayer add-ons on an x86 box. It used to buffer a bit (expected as i'm not in the UK) but either the infrastructure of both services has improved or recent Krypton builds are managing the video caching process better. Either way I'm a happy camper Smile
(2016-07-19, 10:03)plinkyplonky Wrote: [ -> ]MikeKL, are you using MMAL or OMX? Noticed the stutter on a few iplayer streams, tends to stutter badly about half way through and then recovers back to normal.

If you are using MMAL and have stutter then try enabling "sync playback to display".
Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem. In Watch live I can't see BBC Three channel.
Tried to add it in py script but it just shows me BBC Four content.

I uninstalled and installed again (few times) but no luck.
Anyone has any idea how to fix it?
BBC three is no longer a broadcast channel, so there isn't a "live" to watch any more. All is programmed are there, but on demand only.
(2016-07-25, 22:57)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]BBC three is no longer a broadcast channel, so there isn't a "live" to watch any more. All is programmed are there, but on demand only.

thanks...

didn't read the news Smile
Good evening, folks!

I just recently tried using the iPlayer WWW (v2.3.4) on my Kodi Raspberry Pi setup (Kodi v14.2/OpenElec v5.0.8), and found that no episode selections are being made available to me. I've tried using Categories, as well as selecting a specific channel (such as BBC One), and only see the ".." selection available on the GUI. Looking in the kodi.log, I noted the following entries which were written during the time of the iPlayer WWW execution:

<snippet removed>

Any assistance in deciphering this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Please upload a full debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com (with debugging enabled if it wasn't already), post the URL they will provide here and remove the snippet above. Quite probably a lot of the useful information has been removed by your snipping.

Is there any reason you're using such an old version of Kodi, and indeed OpenElec rather than LibreElec?
Thanks for the help, Darren. Turns out a reboot of the RPi has corrected my issue.

With regard to your Kodi/OpenELEC questions: I haven't had a reason to upgrade, as the current setup has been working flawlessly (with the occasional hiccup as noted above). I was not aware of a fork to LibreELEC, but I will certainly look into that.
I had to recently re-install kodi (Jarvis) on my rp2 and I couldn't find "BBC iPlayer" so I installed "iPlayer WWW" but I see it doesn't have proxy option for outsiders although some of you say it has.