Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did set up one of those boxes for my folks a year or so ago (it ran Android IIRC), and was pleasantly surprised how easy and quick it was to set up. But you know how it is, until that trusty old desktop hidden behind the TV dies I'll keep soldiering on. I did try a Pi but found the menu painfully slow, though I'd like to try the current version. I don't mind the hands on, despite the whinges, that's the way I am - best way to learn as well. Anyway, thanks again Smile
2.4.0 has been released and is on its way to the official repo. It includes some very nice additions by primaeval like more Red Button streams and new regional live channels. It also comes with a fix which should allow users to choose the Olympics live programmes from Highlights directly.

For those who can't wait to get it from the official repo, you can already download it from GitHub.
This addon was continuously buffering for me, probably because I'm using a USA dns and based in the UK. I have since started using the official BBC iplayer app from the Amazon store on my firestick, and it's working flawlessly with no buffering.
(2016-08-18, 01:37)Izzy16 Wrote: [ -> ]This addon was continuously buffering for me, probably because I'm using a USA dns and based in the UK. I have since started using the official BBC iplayer app from the Amazon store on my firestick, and it's working flawlessly with no buffering.

We can't support geoblocking here.
The iplayer app uses lower bitrate settings than the addon.
There are settings in the addon to lower the bitrate.
Live and radio working, catchup lists are blank. v2.4.1
(2016-08-27, 16:10)cwarren Wrote: [ -> ]Live and radio working, catchup lists are blank. v2.4.1

It's ok for me. Turn off autoplay in the Settings and see if any streams play.
(2016-08-27, 16:16)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-27, 16:10)cwarren Wrote: [ -> ]Live and radio working, catchup lists are blank. v2.4.1

It's ok for me. Turn off autoplay in the Settings and see if any streams play.

Appears my vpn, even though I appeared in UK, didn't work, switched to dns proxy and all is well.
I've moved the licence fee posts into the off topic discussion on that subject - here.

Please use that thread for licence fee discussions and this one for the add-on.
(2016-08-31, 21:28)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I've moved the licence fee posts into the off topic discussion on that subject - here.

Please use that thread for licence fee discussions and this one for the add-on.

This is going to be relevant about the law for using this addon, so it needs to stay in this thread. Thanks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37243332
Ok. That's why I included the link in the post above.
I have been recently having issues with iplayer catchup (Live TV absloutely fine) where the addon appears to time out when trying to find either items, stream quality and/or actually playback a catchup stream. Error is consistently as follows within the GUI

I am using one of your versions of addon 2.4.1p2, which overwrote version from offical repo (I have your beta repo installed)

For Information I am running a milhouse nightly build of Krypton on my rpi2

Can provide a kodi debug.log if its useful (need any specific options enabled in debug?)

Thanks for any advice
(2016-09-01, 19:51)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]I have been recently having issues with iplayer catchup (Live TV absloutely fine) where the addon appears to time out when trying to find either items, stream quality and/or actually playback a catchup stream. Error is consistently as follows within the GUI

I am using one of your versions of addon 2.4.1p2, which overwrote version from offical repo (I have your beta repo installed)

For Information I am running a milhouse nightly build of Krypton on my rpi2

Can provide a kodi debug.log if its useful (need any specific options enabled in debug?)

Thanks for any advice

You can choose which version you use if you do Information \ Update \ Select Version.
The only thing different in my version right now should be more icons, especially for the radio channels.

That version works ok for me a few seconds ago on catchup on Kodi 17.0 beta1 win7.

If its not a geoblock issue then paste a log somewhere so we can have a look for errors.
I tried again with debug switched on and search found episodes under highlights option which i was then able to see the streams actually managed to get some streams to work but also had same error as above Kodi debug.log hmmmm
(2016-09-01, 20:31)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]I tried again with debug switched on and search found episodes under highlights option which i was then able to see the streams actually managed to get some streams to work but also had same error as above Kodi debug.log hmmmm

Thanks for the log. I can see that several times the stream was unplayable. This is actally outside of the add-on and happens when a stream URL has been passed to the Kodi player but no connection can be established.

This looks to me like a slow or unreliable connection. I would first try slower streams to rule out bandwidth issues.

Then there is a strange error from line 2710 which seems totally unrelated. Any chance you remember what you did that triggered this error?
Just wondering if it's possible for this addon to access one's purchases from the bbc store?