Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-29, 08:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-27, 11:08)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-27, 06:55)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the BBC are going to ramp up the security on iPlayer next year. Access is going to require a BBCiD and Post Code.
Hopefully this addon will still work then.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37477229

Actually they are going to require a Post Code for the BBCiD from next Tuesday. This addon might need some repair next week.

The report says you will need a postcode to sign-up, not sign-in. Since you always had to register your BBCiD on the website, this should have no influence on the add-on at all.

It would make absolutely no sense to ask for the postcode on every login. What do you do if you are on a train and using it on your mobile? Enter the postcode of your home? The destination of your train? The curent location?

They have already added the Post Code to the BBCiD. They must have meant the Tuesday just gone.

It hasn't made a difference to the addon yet but if the BBC don't coerce enough extra people to pay the License Fee I expect they will make it harder for us to keep this going. Hopefully not as paranoid as Channel 4's security, which no-one has been able to bypass as far as I know.
It asks for your postcode for your home. As @primaeval says, it's already happened.

Both the BBC website and iPlayer itself logged my BBCiD out yesterday (forcably, with a banner telling me about it), and when I was asked to log back in first time it asked me for my postcode as well. It then insisted I use my email address rather than my actual ID to log in from now on, so presumably is taking up the postcode entry from that first log-in.

Both the add-on and also other stuff like get_iplayer don't seem to be affected though (yet), so at the moment all looks fine.
Hmm, the plugin has not worked for me since the change in the BBC login. The plugin reports "Successfully Logged In" then immediately "Login Failed: Check Settings". I've tried some obvious things: 1) remove credentials, use plugin (successfully), re-add credentials, fail to login; 2) re-install plugin, fail. 3) remove plugin and all related files in user data folder for the plug-in, re-install, fail; 4) remove kodi cache (cookies?), fail.

There is no indication in the log of any problem.

I can use other clients (web, android) with no problem (after re-login with PostCode).

Note: I'm am using a VPN.

Any ideas? Any way to enhance logging from the plugin? I guess I can try setting Kodi debug levels -- but I was hoping to avoid that ;-)
(2016-10-02, 19:44)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, the plugin has not worked for me since the change in the BBC login. The plugin reports "Successfully Logged In" then immediately "Login Failed: Check Settings". I've tried some obvious things: 1) remove credentials, use plugin (successfully), re-add credentials, fail to login; 2) re-install plugin, fail. 3) remove plugin and all related files in user data folder for the plug-in, re-install, fail; 4) remove kodi cache (cookies?), fail.

I can use other clients (web, android) with no problem (after re-login with PostCode).

Any ideas? Any way to enhance logging from the plugin? I guess I can try setting Kodi debug levels -- but I was hoping to avoid that ;-)

The BBC do not or no longer allow the use of a VPN.
(2016-10-02, 19:44)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, the plugin has not worked for me since the change in the BBC login. The plugin reports "Successfully Logged In" then immediately "Login Failed: Check Settings". I've tried some obvious things: 1) remove credentials, use plugin (successfully), re-add credentials, fail to login; 2) re-install plugin, fail. 3) remove plugin and all related files in user data folder for the plug-in, re-install, fail; 4) remove kodi cache (cookies?), fail.

As Pasado says we can't support vpn or smart dns problems as iPlayer is officially geoblocked outside the UK and we don't want to get Kodi in trouble with any blood sucking lawyers.

This plugin is not actually an official BBC product and it doesn't need you to be logged in with the BBCiD like the official web site.
It may change in the future if the BBC increases their security.

If anyone gets stuck with this issue in the UK they might need to flush their dns cache or clear the Kodi cache or cookies.
There are some addon cookies in here that might need deleting along with your settings.xml:
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iplayerwww
The BBCiD functionality is broken in the addon at the moment.

That means the Favourites and Watching sections won't work.
The BBC iD functionality has been fixed in 2.5.1, which is on its way to the official repo now.

A huge thanks to ihurst for his work on getting the sign in working again.

Note that you need to sign in on the BBC website once to provide additional data before using it in the add-on.
(2016-10-17, 19:07)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]The BBC iD functionality has been fixed in 2.5.1, which is on its way to the official repo now.

A huge thanks to ihurst for his work on getting the sign in working again.

Note that you need to sign in on the BBC website once to provide additional data before using it in the add-on.

Works like a charm. Thanks very much for the update.
Anyone running this addon on a Wetek Play?

It appears to find the listing but once you atempt to play any the box hangs and shuts down....
(2016-10-25, 16:40)Geeba Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone running this addon on a Wetek Play?

It appears to find the listing but once you atempt to play any the box hangs and shuts down....

Hi, yeah using it on a Wetek Play 2 and all is working has it should
(2016-10-25, 20:06)wints Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-25, 16:40)Geeba Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone running this addon on a Wetek Play?

What build are you using?

*edit

just flashed openelec and iPlayerWWW works fine.... didn't work on LibreELEC
(2016-10-26, 09:53)Geeba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-25, 20:06)wints Wrote: [ -> ]

What build are you using?

*edit

just flashed openelec and iPlayerWWW works fine.... didn't work on LibreELEC

Sorry for late reply and I know you've got it sorted now but I'm using version 2.5.1
(2016-10-26, 09:53)Geeba Wrote: [ -> ]just flashed openelec and iPlayerWWW works fine.... didn't work on LibreELEC

I can't explain why for you it didn't work, but it's in daily use at home here on Alpha builds since ~April and if it stopped working and the OS was responsible I would be tasking the entire LibreELEC developer team to figure out the fix damn quick (one minor luxury of running the project).
I am getting Kodi crashes with this addon.

I am running Android TV (6.0.1), with Kodi installed from the app store (16.1) IPlayer WWW version is 2.5.1

When I do a lot of seeking in a show (forward/backwards/etc), Kodi often crashes, and I get sent back to the Android TV home screen. I have uploaded some debug logs here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23390072/ and http://paste.ubuntu.com/23390070/

Hope someone can help me solve this crashing
(2016-10-27, 22:44)Zirafarafa Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting Kodi crashes with this addon.

I am running Android TV (6.0.1), with Kodi installed from the app store (16.1) IPlayer WWW version is 2.5.1

When I do a lot of seeking in a show (forward/backwards/etc), Kodi often crashes, and I get sent back to the Android TV home screen. I have uploaded some debug logs here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23390072/ and http://paste.ubuntu.com/23390070/

Hope someone can help me solve this crashing

The default bandwidth of 5.5Mbps can be too high for a lot of hardware devices and internet connections.
Try turning off Autoplay in Settings\Stream and experiment to see if any of the lower bandwidth settings give you a stable experience.