Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-04, 22:49)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please try one thing: Copy the iplayer.cookies file somewhere else right after you logged on successfully and then again once you get logged out. Compare the files, see what the difference is. Feel free to PM me if the diff contains your authentication token or so.

Done by PM. Let me know if you'd prefer a pastebin.

Update: oops, I think I missed your intent. I actually used the plugin to log out. I'll try to get what you probably *actually* wanted :-)
(2017-02-04, 21:34)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 19:38)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I am mostly interested if DASH streaming is stable, so if you could just switch this on, that would be terrific. The scraping part is the same as before, so there should not be any difference.

I did not put in any logging for now, it seemed not necessary.

So far -- three programs watched -- it's working very well. I noticed some buffering issues earlier today with the original code, and since trying the DASH streams, everything has been very smooth. I checked the logs to confirm that the DASH source is being used. I've paused, skipped forward and backward and even paused for over 20 minutes -- everything works very well. Recovery after a long pause is very smooth, whereas the original code always had a few stops and starts while the stream was recovering after a long pause.

I've watched the Beeb all day using DASH streams. Rock solid streaming. I was watching mostly 'catchup' programmes, but the live streams are working fine too.

Using HLS streams fails on 'catchup' sources, but seems to work fine on live streams.

I note that the resolution of the DASH streams is lower than normal. With HLS resolution is 720p (1280x720), whereas the DASH streams are 960x544.
I can report results similar to those just reported by @oattes running LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img.

Is "SD" or "960x544" the expected resolution for DASH streams (just curious)?

Thanks.
OH Dear - I was watching Andrew Marr on BBC - your upgrade came thro' - now NOTHING works.
How can I revert to version 2.5.3
(2017-02-05, 11:34)bicky Wrote: [ -> ]OH Dear - I was watching Andrew Marr on BBC - your upgrade came thro' - now NOTHING works.

Correction, I now find that this upgrade works just fine on Wetek OpenElec, and Gostreamer LibreElec. Stable as a rock.

However on my Linux Netbook - no such luck - Nothing works. for info my Netbook is running Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon, with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.
(2017-02-05, 12:40)bicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-05, 11:34)bicky Wrote: [ -> ]OH Dear - I was watching Andrew Marr on BBC - your upgrade came thro' - now NOTHING works.

Correction, I now find that this upgrade works just fine on Wetek OpenElec, and Gostreamer LibreElec. Stable as a rock.

However on my Linux Netbook - no such luck - Nothing works. for info my Netbook is running Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon, with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.
Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on. If you use it while the updater runs, it may break. Happened to me a couple of times.
(2017-02-05, 13:20)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-05, 12:40)bicky Wrote: [ -> ]

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on. If you use it while the updater runs, it may break. Happened to me a couple of times.

Got it - works like a dream - smooth, stable - thank's great addon.
(2017-02-05, 06:26)mentat Wrote: [ -> ]I can report results similar to those just reported by @oattes running LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img.

Thanks.

I couldn't figure out the resolution choice so far. I sometimes got 960x544 and sometimes 1280x720. It looks to me like bitrate switching during playback is not yet enabled in inputstream.adaptive and it chooses randomly on load of the stream whatever it thinks is appropriate.
(2017-02-05, 06:09)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 21:34)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 19:38)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I am mostly interested if DASH streaming is stable, so if you could just switch this on, that would be terrific. The scraping part is the same as before, so there should not be any difference.

I did not put in any logging for now, it seemed not necessary.

So far -- three programs watched -- it's working very well. I noticed some buffering issues earlier today with the original code, and since trying the DASH streams, everything has been very smooth. I checked the logs to confirm that the DASH source is being used. I've paused, skipped forward and backward and even paused for over 20 minutes -- everything works very well. Recovery after a long pause is very smooth, whereas the original code always had a few stops and starts while the stream was recovering after a long pause.

I've watched the Beeb all day using DASH streams. Rock solid streaming. I was watching mostly 'catchup' programmes, but the live streams are working fine too.

Using HLS streams fails on 'catchup' sources, but seems to work fine on live streams.

I note that the resolution of the DASH streams is lower than normal. With HLS resolution is 720p (1280x720), whereas the DASH streams are 960x544.
Thanks for the test with HLS. I will need to look into it. On second thought: The way I separate HLS and DASH is far from ideal. I may start from scratch for 3.0.0~beta.

Regarding the resolution, see my last post.
(2017-02-04, 22:57)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Done by PM. Let me know if you'd prefer a pastebin.

Update: oops, I think I missed your intent. I actually used the plugin to log out. I'll try to get what you probably *actually* wanted :-)

Thanks a lot for the PM. Both were actually fine. The autologin feature is in 2.5.5 (on it's way to the official repo) and in 3.0.0~beta (on GitHub), both along with a fix for Highlights, which I broke in 2.5.4.
(2017-02-05, 17:26)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-05, 06:26)mentat Wrote: [ -> ]I can report results similar to those just reported by @oattes running LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img.

Thanks.

I couldn't figure out the resolution choice so far. I sometimes got 960x544 and sometimes 1280x720. It looks to me like bitrate switching during playback is not yet enabled in inputstream.adaptive and it chooses randomly on load of the stream whatever it thinks is appropriate.

OK, I did some digging and found this in the inputstream.adaptive documentation:

Quote:Adaptive bitrate switching is prepared but currently not yet activated

So this feature seems to be implemented, but inactive. Further, I recommend reading this for possible options to force higher bitrates for DASH. In the long run, this should no longer be necessary as it will switch bitrates adaptively.

3.0.0~beta is on Github, for those who want to give it a try. It should work just the same as before, but the code is organized a little different and HLS catchup should work again. I hope this will make maintaining 3.x and 2.x easier.
(2017-02-06, 20:04)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]3.0.0~beta is on Github, for those who want to give it a try. It should work just the same as before, but the code is organized a little different and HLS catchup should work again. I hope this will make maintaining 3.x and 2.x easier.

Thanks for implementing auto-login!

I like the ability to select what pages are available in the main menu.

I've found that if you set the input-stream option to manually select the stream -- iplayer (set to auto select best stream) uses the HD 720p stream by default. No need to fiddle the min. bandwidth. Not sure just why the manual/auto combo works, but it does!

I'll exercise the beta through this week and report any problems. Cheers!
(2017-01-31, 20:03)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]Subtitles are not working on Kodi v17.0 RC3 or RC4. The first second or so of every video is missing as well. I'm having no issues at all with Kodi v16.1.

Release 2.5.5, which only states (on Github) that it fixes broken Highlights (which it does) has also fixed the missing subtitles for me. Thanks!

(I should note that subtitles were missing in 2.5.4 even with Kodi v17.0 final.)
(2017-02-07, 16:40)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]Release 2.5.5, which only states (on Github) that it fixes broken Highlights (which it does) has also fixed the missing subtitles for me. Thanks!

(I should note that subtitles were missing in 2.5.4 even with Kodi v17.0 final.)

That must be a lucky coincidence. I did not touch subtitles at all. Very strange.
(2017-02-07, 18:09)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]That must be a lucky coincidence. I did not touch subtitles at all. Very strange.

Correction, subtitles only work with streaming set to Any and bitrate set to Highest. When I select Akamai and 2.4 streams to play automatically in the settings, then no joy.