Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-27, 12:52)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 12:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid this might be the ominous TLS bug primaeval was referring to.
Thanks. You're correct - no effect. Same error messages. Grrrr!

I will try to address this tonight.
(2017-04-27, 13:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 12:52)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 12:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid this might be the ominous TLS bug primaeval was referring to.
Thanks. You're correct - no effect. Same error messages. Grrrr!

I will try to address this tonight.

Many thanks!
(2017-04-27, 14:02)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 13:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to address this tonight.

Many thanks!

Please try to install the alpha version from here, go to settings, choose to ignore HTTPS streams and report if this fixes the problem. If it does, I will add it to 2.5.13 as soon as possible.
(2017-04-28, 00:48)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]

Many thanks!

Please try to install the alpha version from here, go to settings, choose to ignore HTTPS streams and report if this fixes the problem. If it does, I will add it to 2.5.13 as soon as possible.

Thanks. This alpha fixes the problem! I've tried it on a variety of streams.

Excellent work!
Hey all, long time listener, first time caller...

I have what may be a unique issue. So far, and for the past few months, every other video add-on works with very few or no problems. However, the iPlayer seems to be the exception.

All problems are with the catch-up service.

There are times when I can start any program, from any list, and have no issue watching the whole thing. But, more often than not, I will have an issue so severe, I have to stop what I am watching and then restart it. This does not always work. When it does not, I have to go to the BBC website to watch.

The main issue is when the stream buffers. I have corrected the buffering for the most part, but will still get one or two during an hour long show. When the stream buffers and then starts again, within a few seconds to a minute or so, the video will begin to stutter, the audio will too, and sometimes the audio will continue while the video freezes. I have also noticed it happening without the buffer ring of death in the last week or so. It becomes completely unwatchable.

As I mentioned, this only happens with this add-on (iPlayer WWW).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

I am running Ubuntu Studio 14.04, have a 6 core AMD processor, NVIDIA GT 720 2GB video card, and 8 GB ram. The video card is using the proprietary drivers (375, but there is an option for 381). I have tweaked everything I can think of internally on Kodi, and have made sure the OS/system is doing all the video/audio work (as some of the Kodi defaults made some things just not work).

I leave this in your capable hands. Any other info needed, just let me know. Thanks.
(2017-04-28, 01:36)sydbat Wrote: [ -> ]The main issue is when the stream buffers. I have corrected the buffering for the most part, but will still get one or two during an hour long show. When the stream buffers and then starts again, within a few seconds to a minute or so, the video will begin to stutter, the audio will too, and sometimes the audio will continue while the video freezes. I have also noticed it happening without the buffer ring of death in the last week or so. It becomes completely unwatchable.

I have seen this behaviour from time to time and each time it has happened to me, I have been able to determine that the problem is not the plugin nor Kodi buffer settings (BTW I have *always* found that changing the Kodi buffering defaults results in poorer performance). Rather, by inspecting the inbound streams using a 'network sniffer', I have seen the the problem is the content provider (the provider is simply not delivering a reliable stream and you can see this by looking at the network flows). Note that the Beeb does not actually provide the content -- it is provided by Akamai or Limelight (last time I checked). Both of these services are geo-dependent and the server providing content is selected based on your location. In my experience, I had better luck with Limelight than Akamai, so you might try a switch from one to the other and see if you get any improvement.
(2017-04-28, 01:54)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 01:36)sydbat Wrote: [ -> ]The main issue is when the stream buffers. I have corrected the buffering for the most part, but will still get one or two during an hour long show. When the stream buffers and then starts again, within a few seconds to a minute or so, the video will begin to stutter, the audio will too, and sometimes the audio will continue while the video freezes. I have also noticed it happening without the buffer ring of death in the last week or so. It becomes completely unwatchable.

I have seen this behaviour from time to time and each time it has happened to me, I have been able to determine that the problem is not the plugin nor Kodi buffer settings (BTW I have *always* found that changing the Kodi buffering defaults results in poorer performance). Rather, by inspecting the inbound streams using a 'network sniffer', I have seen the the problem is the content provider (the provider is simply not delivering a reliable stream and you can see this by looking at the network flows). Note that the Beeb does not actually provide the content -- it is provided by Akamai or Limelight (last time I checked). Both of these services are geo-dependent and the server providing content is selected based on your location. In my experience, I had better luck with Limelight than Akamai, so you might try a switch from one to the other and see if you get any improvement.

Ahhh. I hadn't thought of changing providers. I figured it has to do with the stream itself, not the plugin, but one never knows. I'll give it a try and post back results. Thanks.

I just noticed one provider called Bidi. Any experience with that one?
(2017-04-28, 01:09)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 14:02)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks!

Thanks. This alpha fixes the problem! I've tried it on a variety of streams.

Excellent work!

Working here too after manual upgrade to alpha version 2.5.13, thanks for your hard work and dedication.
(2017-04-27, 07:46)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 02:11)lee3lions Wrote: [ -> ]Using v 3.0.5. After selecting tv show, app attempts connection and then closes Kodi and returns to FireTV home screen.
Kodi is Krypton version.
This sounds more like an issue with Kodi than with the addon. FireTV is running an Android derivative, right? There have been reports of crashes when using DASH on Android. Please change the stream protocol in settings from DASH to HLS and try again.

I changed to HLS. Now I get the following error message:
HTTPSConnectionPool (host='vod-hls-uk-live-akamaized.net',port=433):
Max retries exceeded with url:
/usp/auth/vod/piff_abr_full_hd/fd0261-b08nt9yr/vf_b08nt9yr_8a9
(Caused by
NewConnectionError ('requests.packages.urllib3.connection.Veri
Object at 0xad49d868:failed to establish a new connection:
(Ermo 111) connection refused'))

I was initially using v 2.5.6 with no problem except the lack of "Categories" This problem started when I enabled
,"inputstream adaptive - peak3d-1.0.8" and upgraded to v 3.0.5.

I uninstalled Kodi Krypton completely, reinstalled Jarvis and tried 2.5.12 and that version wouldn't work either. I am now back on Krypton, with v 3.0.5 getting the above error.
(2017-04-28, 05:10)lee3lions Wrote: [ -> ]I changed to HLS. Now I get the following error message:
(Caused by

This error looks like you were geoblocked. Are you sure you are in the UK and do not use any VPN?
(2017-04-28, 08:26)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 05:10)lee3lions Wrote: [ -> ]I changed to HLS. Now I get the following error message:
(Caused by

This error looks like you were geoblocked. Are you sure you are in the UK and do not use any VPN?

I'm pretty sure that is the https warning error on Jarvis from my experience.
(2017-04-28, 08:26)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(Caused by

Forget VPN - I have found it seldom works - switch to a Smart DNS - never fails and doesn't throttle speeds down

Many thanks!

I'm still getting the same error as reported above. Any idea when 2.5.13 will be available for us to download please?
(2017-04-28, 15:28)padget624 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still getting the same error as reported above. Any idea when 2.5.13 will be available for us to download please?
Which version are you on at the moment? 2.5.12 or 2.5.13~alpha?

It may take a couple of days till 2.5.13. primaeval has brought up an interesting alternative to address this issue, but I would like to test that myself and most likely won't get to that during the weekend.
(2017-04-28, 15:32)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 15:28)padget624 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-28, 00:48)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Please try to install the alpha version from here, go to settings, choose to ignore HTTPS streams and report if this fixes the problem. If it does, I will add it to 2.5.13 as soon as possible.

I'm still getting the same error as reported above. Any idea when 2.5.13 will be available for us to download please?
Which version are you on at the moment? 2.5.12 or 2.5.12~alpha?

It may take a couple of days till 2.5.13. primaeval has brought up an interesting alternative to address this issue, but I would like to test that myself and most likely won't get to that during the weekend.

The alpha version works. It doesn't find all the higher resolution streams for some programs but it definitely works on Android 4.4.2 Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on a crappy old MXQ box. I'd use that for the time being if I were you.

I had to choose the Akamai streams but it might just be my setup.