Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-05, 21:16)japher Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has been discussed already. I did a bit of googling and reading of the recent pages here and I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for reporting this problem. I can confirm that they changed the code of Channel A-Z. This is similar to the changes recently applied to Channel Highlights, but not the same. The add-on needs to be adapted to this, the next update will fix this issue.

Edit: This issue is different from the one in Channel A-Z, but does not seem to be too difficult. 2.5.17 and 3.0.9 will provide a fix shortly. Both have been submitted to the official repo.
Great, I'm now running 3.0.9 and it's all looking good again. Thanks! Smile
Hello All

iPlayer WWW not working or loading since 17.3 update, any ideas anyone? Tried removing the add-on and reinstalling the add-on.

Thanks

Nick
Have you had a browse through here? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239378

It's the official forum thread for iPlayer WWW.
Hello

Yeah I've been through that post. It loads, but there's no menus or content

Nick
EDITED: I see now that it may not be related to the plugin at all. I just try disabling automatic CDN selection. Then I'm prompted with network to use. I've tried them all, and only LimeLight is working.
Anyone else facing this problem? Is it related to my ISP?

Guys, thanks for this amazing plugin, I've been using it since it first came out.

However, yesterday I decided to upgrade my kodi (using krypton now) and I'm struggling to make 3.0.9 work.

I'm in the UK, so i rule out any problem with VPN providers, etc.

Now.... I can see on-demand content, no issues that I can see, but live-tv doesn't work. I get this:

https://pastebin.com/WZe8SUzK

It returns 409 http code.

now... you can see I'm using HLS as stream protocol, but if I go to settings and switch to DAsh..... when I try to play.... I will see the same HLS option in the logs. Then I go back to the settings and HLS is set as streaming protocal again.

Funny thing is.... If i set DAsh and press OK and go out and back into the Settings.... I will see that Dash is selected... but when I play live-tv, it seems to switch back to HLS, for some reason.

I'm running kodi on an ubuntu 16.04 box, in case this makes any difference.

I'm happy to try anything that might be useful to debug this.
(2017-06-17, 10:02)JohnSecada Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, thanks for this amazing plugin, I've been using it since it first came out.

However, yesterday I decided to upgrade my kodi (using krypton now) and I'm struggling to make 3.0.9 work.

I'm in the UK, so i rule out any problem with VPN providers, etc.

Now.... I can see on-demand content, no issues that I can see, but live-tv doesn't work. I get this:

now... you can see I'm using HLS as stream protocol, but if I go to settings and switch to DAsh..... when I try to play.... I will see the same HLS option in the logs. Then I go back to the settings and HLS is set as streaming protocal again.

Funny thing is.... If i set DAsh and press OK and go out and back into the Settings.... I will see that Dash is selected... but when I play live-tv, it seems to switch back to HLS, for some reason.

I'm running kodi on an ubuntu 16.04 box, in case this makes any difference.

I'm happy to try anything that might be useful to debug this.

The addon will fall back to HLS if the DASH addon isn't installed and enabled.
Have you done this?
Kodi 17.x \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable
(2017-06-17, 10:02)JohnSecada Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, thanks for this amazing plugin, I've been using it since it first came out.

Which version are you on exactly? 17.0? 17.3?

Quote:I'm in the UK, so i rule out any problem with VPN providers, etc.

That sounds very weird. I have never seen anything like this before. Can you please try to switch autoplay off in settings and try several different streams and CDNs manually to see if any work?

For your explanation: Once you switch autoplay off, you will get a list of different streams when selecting a programme. You can then select one of them and Kodi will attempt to play this particular stream instead of trying to find the best/fastest option for you automatically.

Quote:now... you can see I'm using HLS as stream protocol, but if I go to settings and switch to DAsh..... when I try to play.... I will see the same HLS option in the logs. Then I go back to the settings and HLS is set as streaming protocal again.

That is expected if InputStream Adaptive is not activated or not the correct version. In this case, the add-on will automatically switch back to HLS. Please try to enable InputStream Adaptive in your Kodi settings (usually in Add-on settings->My-Add-ons) first and then switch to DASH in iPlayer WWW again. Edit: primaeval was faster on this one and more accurate. Please follow his instructions.
(2017-06-17, 10:02)JohnSecada Wrote: [ -> ]EDITED: I see now that it may not be related to the plugin at all. I just try disabling automatic CDN selection. Then I'm prompted with network to use. I've tried them all, and only LimeLight is working.

Limelight and Akamai both work fine for me. Must be your ISP or a local glitch in Akamai's network. I'd suggest to just set the preferred CDN to Limelight and try again in a couple of days.
(2017-06-17, 10:09)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The addon will fall back to HLS if the DASH addon isn't installed and enabled.
Have you done this?
Kodi 17.x \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

No I hadn't done it, i wasn't aware that now it's disabled by default. Thanks, it's enabled now.

(2017-06-17, 10:40)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-17, 10:02)JohnSecada Wrote: [ -> ]EDITED: I see now that it may not be related to the plugin at all. I just try disabling automatic CDN selection. Then I'm prompted with network to use. I've tried them all, and only LimeLight is working.

Limelight and Akamai both work fine for me. Must be your ISP or a local glitch in Akamai's network. I'd suggest to just set the preferred CDN to Limelight and try again in a couple of days.

Thanks for all the info @CaptainT.

As for the CDN issue.... It could be my ISP or some connectivity issues between the 2, for sure. However, it was working fine 30min before the upgrade. I am not downgrading now to see if it's still working with old Kodi version. I think it's just pure coincidence.

I disabled autoplay and now I select the CDN and quality for the stream. Funny enough only LimeLight with the highest quality works (5mbps). The others will throw the 409 error.

Btw, I'm using Kodi 17.1.

Anyway, I will wait for a few days and report back.
I'm having trouble playing anything today. I can browse all programs but when I attempt to play I see an error.

My log shows a lot of this:

Code:
18:33:23.589 T:140309578192640   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 210, in <module>
                                                Video.AddAvailableStreamItem(name, url, iconimage, description)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 1200, in AddAvailableStreamItem
                                                PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, description, subtitles_url)
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:33:23.681 T:140315027151232   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb07mj5bg%2Fscream-street-25-bad-blood&mode=202&name=Scream+Street+-+25.+Bad+Blood&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp0423vpr.jpg&description=Grandfather+Negative+is+in+town+and+has+strong+views+on+Resus+not+being+a+%27real+vampire%27.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

This happens no matter which episode I choose. I'm on iPlayer WWW version 3.09, Kodi 17.3 (20170525), Ubuntu 16.04. This was working yesterday and failing today, so I suspect an iPlayer API change.
I just tested both live and catch-up streams on rpi2 (#0623 Leia Nightly build) and concur that Catch-up appears to be NOT currently working.
(Live playback currently OK)

kodi.log Current settings for Video Playback (iPlayer WWW version 3.0.9 installed)

Huh, this is working now so I guess this was a bad release on the iPlayer side that they have now fixed.
We finally backported some development trees into kodi 18 the last weeks.
As a result kodi 18 nightlies + inputstream.adaptive should support subtitles now.

Would be great if anyone can test if its working as expected.
Dear friends,

would it be possible to watch the wimbledon court streams with the latest plugin? Videos and Watch live are working.

Thanks in advance!