Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@CaptainT,

I must report that I have had no problem using DASH while watching Wimbledon over the last few days.
I am on Win10 using latest nightly build of 18x with iPlayer WWW 3.10.
(2017-07-06, 10:00)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT,

I must report that I have had no problem using DASH while watching Wimbledon over the last few days.
I am on Win10 using latest nightly build of 18x with iPlayer WWW 3.10.
That's great, thank you. Must be a problem with my installation or version of InputStream Adaptive then.

Could you please provide the InputStream Adaptive version of your installation? I will make sure to get the same myself then.
Hey there, all was working fine until the last update.

The other half clicked on "EastEnders" this evening and now it only plays with descriptive audio (and no its not turned on in the settings menu)
tried all of the EastEnders?

anyone else having problems...

Strange one. :/

Thanks,
Rich
(2017-07-07, 00:03)WARDL895 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, all was working fine until the last update.

The other half clicked on "EastEnders" this evening and now it only plays with descriptive audio (and no its not turned on in the settings menu)
tried all of the EastEnders?

anyone else having problems...

Strange one. :/

Thanks,
Rich

It could well be the catch all streams fix we just added.
Which episode was it?
It was episodes 06/07/2017........29/06/2017.........04/07/2017 and so on... Looks like all...

I am also very grateful for all the time and hard work people put into add-ons like this and kodi aswell,

Rich.
(2017-07-07, 00:22)WARDL895 Wrote: [ -> ]It was episodes 06/07/2017........29/06/2017.........04/07/2017 and so on... Looks like all...

I am also very grateful for all the time and hard work people put into add-ons like this and kodi aswell,

Rich.

CaptainT was right. He thought there could be a problem with the latest fix but couldn't quite remember why.
This should fix it.
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...w/pull/196

[EDIT] As a quick fix if you turn on these two Settings and turn off Autoplay it should work until the next version is out:
Play Signed programmes when available
Play Audio Described programmes when available
(2017-07-07, 00:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]CaptainT was right. He thought there could be a problem with the latest fix but couldn't quite remember why.
This should fix it.
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...w/pull/196

Thanks for the fix, new releases are on their way. These will be the last releases for about two weeks.
Thanks Primaeval,
I've hand edited the ipwww_video.py file with your change, until the official update arrives and all seems to be working well.
Thanks for all of your and CaptainTs work. :-)
Regards,
Kevin.
Hi there from Germany.

I was just watching Doctor Who Episode 10.9 (Empress of Mars) and had no subtitles.
Is this a problem with the plugin and/or my setup or is it just that there aren't any subtitles?
When I use the subtitles icon in the player menu it says "local subtitles available " but at the audio icon it says "subtitles: none"

Any ideas/hints how to solve this?

Kind regards,
Alex

PS: Episode 10.8 had subtitles and 10.7 had none.
(2017-07-09, 21:22)SpongebobKiller Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there from Germany.

I was just watching Doctor Who Episode 10.9 (Empress of Mars) and had no subtitles.
Is this a problem with the plugin and/or my setup or is it just that there aren't any subtitles?
When I use the subtitles icon in the player menu it says "local subtitles available " but at the audio icon it says "subtitles: none"

Any ideas/hints how to solve this?

Kind regards,
Alex

PS: Episode 10.8 had subtitles and 10.7 had none.

You might have been unlucky or it might be something on your route to the servers.

All three episodes just worked for me on Kodi 17.3 Win7 64 bit,
"use subtitles when available" on,
"play streams automatically" off,
"stream protocol" hls,
"catchup cdn source" akamai.
I chose the top 5.5Mbps streams.

iPlayer WWW 3.0.12
@CaptainT did you mention some potential problem with InputStream Adapative and subtitles or have I been out in the sun too much?
(2017-07-09, 22:04)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT did you mention some potential problem with InputStream Adapative and subtitles or have I been out in the sun too much?
I did not. However, @peak3d mentioned that very recent builds include DASH subtitle support. Essentially, there are two kinds of subtitles:

Old style, which are listed in the mediaselector XML. This is what we use when enabling the add-on setting.

New (DASH) style subtitles in the DASH stream manifest itself. This is what @peak3d referred to. You need to disable the subtitle add-on setting for these and enable it in the audio settings of the stream itself. I have never tried these myself.
Having issues with iPlayer today. Doesn't seem to be able to play any streams either catchup or live. Tried iPlayer via my browser and there is no issue, so I don't think its a problem with my ISP. Anyone else having issues?
(2017-07-14, 11:52)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Having issues with iPlayer today. Doesn't seem to be able to play any streams either catchup or live. Tried iPlayer via my browser and there is no issue, so I don't think its a problem with my ISP. Anyone else having issues?

Just checked iPlayer WWW on my Windows 10 laptop all OK, version 3.0.12 streams HLS
(2017-07-14, 11:52)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Having issues with iPlayer today. Doesn't seem to be able to play any streams either catchup or live. Tried iPlayer via my browser and there is no issue, so I don't think its a problem with my ISP. Anyone else having issues?

It didn't work for me a few minutes ago but it does now.