Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-31, 22:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 22:29)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with some episodes in catch-up. I select an episode, it then begins to play but only sound, not video. Also noticed that the time indicator goes to something like 503 minutes out of 60 total. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Can you give us some specific examples, the Kodi version and the Stream settings.

Kodi 17.3. Using dash auto settings . Countryfiles latest episode was one that wasn't working
(2017-07-31, 23:00)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 22:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 22:29)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with some episodes in catch-up. I select an episode, it then begins to play but only sound, not video. Also noticed that the time indicator goes to something like 503 minutes out of 60 total. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Can you give us some specific examples, the Kodi version and the Stream settings.

Kodi 17.3. Using dash auto settings . Countryfiles latest episode was one that wasn't working

There definitely is a problem with DASH on those streams: audio only as you say.
As a quick fix use HLS. They seemed to work ok for me.
(2017-07-31, 23:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 22:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us some specific examples, the Kodi version and the Stream settings.

There definitely is a problem with DASH on those streams: audio only as you say.

Ok, switched to HLS without issue now. Thanks. Thought dash was the new standard to be using, but will keep on HLS for a while.
(2017-07-31, 22:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us some specific examples, the Kodi version and the Stream settings.

I had the exact same issue with all DASH streams of the PC mediaselector in the past and opened a ticket with InputStream Adaptive. According to the developers they cannot duplicate the issue.
(2017-07-31, 23:23)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-31, 23:00)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 17.3. Using dash auto settings . Countryfiles latest episode was one that wasn't working

Ok, switched to HLS without issue now. Thanks. Thought dash was the new standard to be using, but will keep on HLS for a while.

You're not losing out by using HLS.
The actual stream source video is exactly the same and you will most likely get a higher resolution with HLS unless you tweak the inputstream.adaptive settings yourself.
The only real benefit is the streams will start quicker because someone decided to take the fast HLS handling code out of Krypton that was in Jarvis. grrr Wink
(2017-07-19, 23:49)Tei WIldi Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:There was still a problem with the catchup though but different now. It populates all the programs into the menu but every program I try to play gives me an error "hostname 'vld-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net' doesn't match ....

Hi, I have a solution for this particular problem if any one else is having it.
I have always had the same error and have been unable to use catchup. Today I went into add-on information, Configure, streams, common settings and I turned on "Do not use HTTPS streams". I can't explain why but this fixed it.

I'm having the same error as above. I've gone into settings, but see no option for "Do not us HTTPS streams". Any assistance is appreciated.
(2017-08-02, 20:25)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-19, 23:49)Tei WIldi Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:There was still a problem with the catchup though but different now. It populates all the programs into the menu but every program I try to play gives me an error "hostname 'vld-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net' doesn't match ....

Hi, I have a solution for this particular problem if any one else is having it.
I have always had the same error and have been unable to use catchup. Today I went into add-on information, Configure, streams, common settings and I turned on "Do not use HTTPS streams". I can't explain why but this fixed it.

I'm having the same error as above. I've gone into settings, but see no option for "Do not us HTTPS streams". Any assistance is appreciated.

That sounds like you are on Krypton. https is ok there.

Try the different combinations of "Catchup CDN Source" and "Live CDN Source". I set mine to Akamai.
Hi, first off thank you so much for this amazing add-on.

Can anyone help me, I've searched through the three but haven't found the answer to what I need.

For some reason the list of live channel streams are limited to regional BBC one, and two. Can no longer get Cbeebies, CBBC ... Is this a known issue and is there a fix. Thank you in advance for any help.
(2017-08-06, 09:36)rednev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, first off thank you so much for this amazing add-on.

Can anyone help me, I've searched through the three but haven't found the answer to what I need.

For some reason the list of live channel streams are limited to regional BBC one, and two. Can no longer get Cbeebies, CBBC ... Is this a known issue and is there a fix. Thank you in advance for any help.

Are you sure you are using "iPlayer WWW"?
All the channels seem to be ok for me in version 3.0.13 in Krypton on Win7.
(2017-08-06, 10:08)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-06, 09:36)rednev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, first off thank you so much for this amazing add-on.

Are you sure you are using "iPlayer WWW"?
All the channels seem to be ok for me in version 3.0.13 in Krypton on Win7.

Using iPlayer WWW v3.0.13 on Libreelec on Raspberry Pi 2.

Here is a screen shot of all the live channels available to watch.

No CBBC or CBeebies available... Not sure if there are any other channels I'm missing too.
(2017-08-06, 22:10)rednev Wrote: [ -> ]^^^

That is very bizarre. You are missing BBC One and BBC News Channel at least too.

There isn't anything in the code that filters the list in any way.
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...deo.py#L95

What happens when you uninstall the addon and re-install it?
Make sure there are no other versions left in the addons folder: plugin.video.iplayerwww with a version number at the end.

I don't think there has ever been a situation when those channels would be missing.

There is only one possible explanation left: alien abduction. The truth is out there.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted between doing so too... Same issue. Also tried what you said and picked the Akami source.

Would using a cache clearing add-on help? If so can you recommend one?

Thanks
(2017-08-06, 23:28)rednev Wrote: [ -> ]I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted between doing so too... Same issue. Also tried what you said and picked the Akami source.

Would using a cache clearing add-on help? If so can you recommend one?

Thanks

I don't know about cache cleaning addons. I usually just go round the back and delete the cache or temp folders.

The strange thing about this problem is that the channel list is generated by a hard-coded list and doesn't depend on any of the Settings or external urls.

Do you know how to enable ssh access or look at the files on your rpi?

If you do can you look at the file:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py
and see if BBC One is on line 97 like in the github link I posted above:
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...deo.py#L97
It's late now here and about to hit the sack.

When I get a chance I'll do the above and report back to you. Thanks for your help so far... At least I know it's a problem just with me, and I'm sure I'll be able to get the channels back Smile