Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Illustration saga in a saga folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I use a structure with Saga folders and I try to make sure that the illustrations of my Saga are saved in their respective saga folder and not in each folder of my different films ...

In renamer fonction I use in rename folder:
/${if movieSet.titleSortable}${movieSet.titleSortable}/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) [${videoFormat}${_,3DFormat,}]${else}-${movie.title;first}-/${title} ${- ,edition,} (${year}) [${videoFormat}${_,3DFormat,}]${end}

Help.. 
Thanks.
If you intend to use your saga folders in Kodi, then you would be better off creating a Movie Set Artwork folder as described here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork
(2020-04-11, 21:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]If you intend to use your saga folders in Kodi, then you would be better off creating a Movie Set Artwork folder as described here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork

Thanks..
(2020-04-11, 21:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]If you intend to use your saga folders in Kodi, then you would be better off creating a Movie Set Artwork folder as described here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork
Hi, 
I have a lot of movies and in order not to end up with all my movies under the same folder, I create my movies folder with an '-A-B-C-..-Z' structure and I also inserted my saga folder there (with artwork and folder of movies).
Can I enter this directly in Kodi?
Is it mandatory to have a 'movies-set art' folder as indicated on kodi.wiki
Thanks..
This information applies to the future v19 release and has no effect on v18.

(2020-04-16, 19:18)MX10.AC2N Wrote: [ -> ]Is it mandatory to have a 'movies-set art' folder as indicated on kodi.wiki
No, it is not mandatory but your artwork for Movie Sets will not be automatically loaded.

Artwork Beef has not yet been updated for v19 and it will be a severely reduced addon so there is no overlap of functions with what the core program of Kodi does and most likely won't deal with movie sets. So you would be better off creating a proper movie set information folder now rather than doing it wrong now, then having to re-do it when v19 is released.

A screenshot from v19...
(2020-04-16, 22:10)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Is it mandatory to have a 'movies-set art' folder as indicated on kodi.wiki
No, it is not mandatory but your artwork for Movie Sets will not be automatically loaded.

So you would be better off creating a proper movie set information folder now rather than doing it wrong now, then having to re-do it when v19 is released.

Thanks @Karellen 
Indeed, I would like to create my own folder structure for Kodi and not have to come back to it .. But I did not understand correctly .. How should I create my folder structure?
Can I have my Saga folder with the saga artwork and the folders of saga movie files with their own artwork ?
Sorry I'm French and I use google translate. Translation is hazardous.
Thanks again..
(2020-04-17, 09:12)MX10.AC2N Wrote: [ -> ]How should I create my folder structure?
Lets assume you save everything on your f:\ drive. Your first structure is your Source folder which contains your movies.
Then you would have another folder that contains all the artwork for each saga/collection/set. This can be seen in the image on the wiki page I provided earlier.

xml:
f:\Collections <source folder>
|__ \Bourne Collection <saga folders>
|__ \Bourne Identity <saga movies>
|__ \Bourne Supremacy
|__ \Bourne Ultimatum

f:\Movie Set Artwork <Movie Set Information folder>
|__ \Bourne Collection <saga folders>
|__ banner.jpg
|__ clearart.png
|__ clearlogo.png
|__ discart.png
|__ fanart.jpg
|__ landscape.jpg
|__ poster.jpg
|__ \Captain America Collection
|__ \Deadpool Collection
|__ \Divergent Collection
@Karellen  thanks a lot, 
It's great all that you managed to do with Kodi and the mutual support strongly present thanks to the forum, I love .. Long live Kodi ..!