Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is fanart.tv scraper broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got metadata.common.fanart.tv 3.6.2 and it just spams this when used with latest official kodi repo version of universal artist/album, audiodb, universal movie scraper.:
2020-04-11 11:04:24.682 T:18320   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/tv/25359...dd966a04f1:
2020-04-11 11:04:24.682 T:18320   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
Can you provide the full log with debug mode enabled.
(2020-04-11, 21:57)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide the full log with debug mode enabled.

So i don't get an error now(yay), but i get the same artist thumb on every artist. I have set it to prefer online information is that because of .nfo? Because it scan for tags I think hm?
Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/fiqerugodi.kodi
Any easier way of rescanning music instead of removing it and adding it all in Leia 18.5?
I was seeing this the other week with fanart.tv, I think they're struggling at the moment. I disabled fanart.tv in Universal Artist scraper and used the other one (theaudiodb I think) and it worked fine. Might be worth giving it a try Smile

Just disable it then use context menu 'Rescan Artist information... to update.
(2020-04-11, 23:16)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I was seeing this the other week with fanart.tv, I think they're struggling at the moment. I disabled fanart.tv in Universal Artist scraper and used the other one (theaudiodb I think) and it worked fine. Might be worth giving it a try Smile

Just disable it then use context menu 'Rescan Artist information... to update.

Disable? I can't find it I can only remove it. Also don't have rescan artist information hm
Disabling fanart did fix same artist thumb. Thanks! Smile
(2020-04-11, 22:57)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]So i don't get an error now(yay), but i get the same artist thumb on every artist. I have set it to prefer online information is that because of .nfo?
Yes. If you are using nfo files, then Kodi only knows what is in the nfo file. If there is only 1 artwork link, then that is all you will get. How did you create the nfo files?

(2020-04-11, 22:57)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]Any easier way of rescanning music instead of removing it and adding it all in Leia 18.5?
There are two steps when creating the music library.
1. Kodi scans the embedded tags in the music files. This is what creates the library and you don't really need the next step if you don't want it.
2. You can then optionally scrape additional data that is not contained in the embedded music file tags. This usually consists of information about the artist(s) and album(s). This can come from online sources or nfo files.

Step 1 is a scan of local files, so no online lookups. You state you have nfo files, so step 2 is also a scan of local files. So rebuilding your music library from nothing should be fairly quick.
(2020-04-12, 08:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-11, 22:57)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]So i don't get an error now(yay), but i get the same artist thumb on every artist. I have set it to prefer online information is that because of .nfo?
Yes. If you are using nfo files, then Kodi only knows what is in the nfo file. If there is only 1 artwork link, then that is all you will get. How did you create the nfo files?
(2020-04-11, 22:57)snyft Wrote: [ -> ]Any easier way of rescanning music instead of removing it and adding it all in Leia 18.5?
There are two steps when creating the music library.
1. Kodi scans the embedded tags in the music files. This is what creates the library and you don't really need the next step if you don't want it.
2. You can then optionally scrape additional data that is not contained in the embedded music file tags. This usually consists of information about the artist(s) and album(s). This can come from online sources or nfo files.

Step 1 is a scan of local files, so no online lookups. You state you have nfo files, so step 2 is also a scan of local files. So rebuilding your music library from nothing should be fairly quick. 
I don't have any image links in .nfo. They are basically just stats information and i doubt they provide anything. The problem was with fanart.  

But how do i fix this issue easily were fanart gives me the same artist thumb for everything? I just readded everything which seems like the dumbest way but there was no context menu on the music source where i could change scraper like when in files > video.
It's just scan to database.
Music/Artists ->Context Menu/Rescan Artist info
Fanart.TV is overloaded recently. I would check in their discord channel to see how its going.