Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Link 2 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Im new to kodi and needed some help. I was wandering is there anyway to link to kodi devices so you can continue watching a movie where you left on a different device? Let say from mobile to android box
(2020-04-12, 15:15)Terminator786 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wandering is there anyway to link to kodi devices so you can continue watching a movie where you left on a different device?

The most chosen option for that is setting up a MySQL/MariaDB database server, so Kodi can store all relevant metadata in the database, including watched statuses and resume points. Every Kodi device can then connect to that database server, and have all centralized data available.

A database server can run on Windows, Linux (including Raspberry Pi devices) and probably also iOS devices.
(2020-04-12, 16:41)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-12, 15:15)Terminator786 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wandering is there anyway to link to kodi devices so you can continue watching a movie where you left on a different device?

The most chosen option for that is setting up a MySQL/MariaDB database server, so Kodi can store all relevant metadata in the database, including watched statuses and resume points. Every Kodi device can then connect to that database server, and have all centralized data available.

A database server can run on Windows, Linux (including Raspberry Pi devices) and probably also iOS devices.

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any setup guides or videos i can use?
(2020-04-12, 17:51)Terminator786 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know of any setup guides or videos i can use?

You could start reading here: https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
(2020-04-12, 19:06)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-12, 17:51)Terminator786 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know of any setup guides or videos i can use?

You could start reading here: https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

Thanks alot much appreciated