Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot play music from a network harddrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

There are mp3 and video files on a network harddrive as a usual home networking setup.
Videos are played fine with no problem, but kodi just plays a few seconds of any mp3's or doesn't play at all and skips the file.

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/jojeguravi

What I did as a test:
- In the services menu, I tried all SMB versions (none, v1, v2, v3) but nothing changed (besides I have no problem with my network harddrive while using it via my android phone or windows desktop)
- I tested these files with kodi for format comformity and played them just fine from a memory stick attached. 
- In network harddrive, I started uPnP service and changed music library source settings accordingly on kodi and again played these same music files with no problem (no issue with home network)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Your GPU memory allocation is way too low.

xml:
2020-04-13 06:53:39.951 T:2973047904 NOTICE: ARM mem: 948MB GPU mem: 76MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0

I'm surprised Kodi gets rendered at all.  Try upping the GPU memory to at least 128MB and see if that helps.
I upped gpu_mem to 256.
unfortunately, nothing changed.

by the way, I just realised that I didn't give some more details about this problem's consequences seen as the artifacts in album arts or pictures here

this must be because of a bug in the smb client or the way kodi uses it, but I don't know why the videos are not effected, or why are the static files only...
(2020-04-14, 05:10)ozimata Wrote: [ -> ]seen as the artifacts in album arts or pictures

Those are not artifacts, those are thumbnails not created properly by your Kodi device for whatever reason.
Does your network harddrive give you the option of sharing via nfs, and if so, have you tried with that protocol ? My gut feeling is that the root of this is some sort of smb issue but I could well be wrong.