Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shows - Episode Titles from filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have notice something I can't explain with TMM.

I have all my episodes renamed as follow:

TV Show Name - S0XEXX - Episode Name.ext, for example, Inspector Gadget - S01E01 - Winter Sports.mkv

When I do the first scan of my library in TMM, before doing the scrapping, TMM gets titles from filename, but sometimes it gets just the Tittle name and some others get as tittle, both TV Show Name and Tittle Name.

Just to be clear....

1.  TMM should just show in epidode name:  Winter Sports
2.  Sometimes, with many tv shows, instead, it shows:  Inspector Gadget Winter Sports

I can't explain why sometimes it shows just 1 (as it should be) and some others it shows 2, which it is annoying since it is writing in the title the tv show as well.

Any solution or explanation to this?

Thanks in advanced.
How should we know the TV show, when you have not scraped the show Wink
Initially, the folder name is assumed to be the show name, and stripped from import - if not found/matched, then not.
But we don't care much, since when you scrape, you'll get al the correct names... and the renamer does the rest...
(2020-04-14, 17:19)myron Wrote: [ -> ]How should we know the TV show, when you have not scraped the show Wink
Initially, the folder name is assumed to be the show name, and stripped from import - if not found/matched, then not.
But we don't care much, since when you scrape, you'll get al the correct names... and the renamer does the rest...

Thanks, but I have many cartoons with tittle in spanish that doesn't appear in tvdb, imdb or tmdb, so I usually get nfo for episodes from filename.  

The tittle always comes after SXXEXX but I don't know why, sometimes TMM add into the tittle (before scrapping) the name of the tv show, and that's whay I want to avoid.

Any solution?
> sometimes TMM add into the tittle (before scrapping) the name of the tv show
I highly doubt that, but gimme some examples to work with:
How is your file named?
How is your TV show folder named?

> The tittle always comes after SXXEXX
No, this is your preference (and the TMM default renaming scheme)
So no, not always Wink