Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't find some buttons in XML files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I want to add visible condition systemismaster to some context menu item, but I can't find them in Kodi's files.

I found other buttons in the skin folder, but these aren't there.

The first button is the one shown in video items context menu, is called "Manage..." and it's code in strings is 16106.

The same applies for button 20195 "Change Information Provider" in music items, can't find it either.

Where is the XML with that button located?

Thanks Smile
Those are hardcoded at Kodi source, IIRC. You can't edit them via some xml
(2020-04-14, 20:29)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Those are hardcoded at Kodi source, IIRC. You can't edit them via some xml

I was fearing that, thanks for answering.

So there is no way to protect the "Manage..." menu with visibility nor masterlock, right?

It would be great for next releases to have some kind of protection for any settings able to change or modify the library (for peace of mind when letting the kids use the remote), a context menu with add favorite, play next, info, etc is safe, but things like Manage... (with delete and rename inside), change art, and change infoprovider could be hidden behind master lock, I will post it in feature request Smile

Thanks again.
My recommendation: 

- create a new profile for the kids
- deactive the "context menu" button on your remote/keyboard so it has no function at all by editing/creating a keyboard.xml (or remote.xml)

This can be done differently for each profile and also for specific windows only. Will give it a shot later if you can do it for the videolibrary only.
Code:
<keymap>
  <videos>
    <keyboard>
      <c>noop</c>
    </keyboard>
  </videos>
</keymap>

This works for me for the video library only (Movies and TV-Shows). The context menu is available everywhere else. If you want to disable it completely, then change videos to global
Thanks, that's what I had done (but the profile), changing the context menu key to show INFO instead of Context. But the damn remote has only 2 buttons, so I'm not left with a button for context for me DOH, so I may leave the remote without context and use the gamepad to access there if needed.
I had a few problems with profiles before and read that they were going to be deprecated, not sure if that's true.