Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hat tip to the creator of Quartz: pecinko

My favorite skin has entered the matrix with a port to KODI 19.

See how deep the rabbit hole goes...
  • new menus
  • configurable menu transparency – 2 x 6 levels
  • configurable fanart visibility – 10 levels
  • custom backgrounds/slideshows for home screen
  • background video playback
  • reanimated Media Info 2 view for movies
  • PVR/Live TV support
  • more skin colors
  • theme support
  • additional media views
  • game support

Unfortunately, no one can be told how good Quartz is. You have to see it for yourself. Smile

Available in the official KODI repo.

watch gallery
Change log

2023-01-31[v5.19.1]
  • improved seekbar
  • plot displayed for movie set where applicable
  • skin for global search add-on
  • remove support for MIA skin.backup and skin.helper add-ons

2020-04-17 [v5.19.0]
  • submitted to kodi repo
reserved
reserve
So ... I thought I would try out Kodi 19 and Quartz. But it does not seem to want to quit. Is this a skin problem or a Matrix problem?

This is the snippet from my log:

Quote:2020-04-22 13:07:29.995 T:10712 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
2020-04-22 13:07:29.996 T:10712 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : true)
2020-04-22 13:07:35.180 T:10496 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.quit()' defined
(2020-04-22, 05:24)bfgane Wrote: [ -> ]So ... I thought I would try out Kodi 19 and Quartz. But it does not seem to want to quit. Is this a skin problem or a Matrix problem?

This is the snippet from my log:
Quote:2020-04-22 13:07:29.995 T:10712 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
2020-04-22 13:07:29.996 T:10712 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : true)
2020-04-22 13:07:35.180 T:10496 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'xbmc.quit()' defined

Well, I thought I would try something.  Given that the Kodi Wiki suggests that the built-in function to quit is actually called just "Quit", I wondered what would happen if I edited Home.xml in your skin to change the function call from "xbmc.quit()" to just "Quit".  That works!  Kodi stops nicely, immediately.

As a note to Team Kodi ... regression compatibility would be nice.  But this wasn't terribly hard to fix.  

FYI for your next update, nonjon.

Thanks
@bfgane

You're not on the right version of quartz. Settings>Skin>About should read 5.19.0. Update kodi with the latest nightly build then update the skin.
(2020-04-22, 09:08)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]@bfgane

You're not on the right version of quartz. Settings>Skin>About should read 5.19.0. Update kodi with the latest nightly build then update the skin.

Thank you nonjon.  I can see that now.  Unfortunately, my Test machine is only running Windows 32bit, and the Kodi Matrix builds for 32bit are running a bit behind those for 64bit.  Hence I cannot update Kodi yet.  Once I can get Kodi to current, I should be able to get 5.19.0 installed.  At the moment, with the older version of Kodi, the update for Quartz is failing on a dependency that the xbmc.gui must be version 5.15, which it is not yet on my build.  For the time being, the old version is working ok with my hack to allow it to exit.
Hi N.Lübke,

Your mod scratches only the surface of v19 compatibility changes. Fortunately, skins are architecture agnostic. Grab 5.19.0 from the git repo and edit addon.xml to lower the gui version to 5.14 then update from zip. Good to go and it will refresh again when your kodi install is up to snuff.

I always appreciate having an extra pair of eyes on the work. Thanks for auditioning quartz/matrix!
(2020-04-23, 00:19)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi N.Lübke,

Your mod scratches only the surface of v19 compatibility changes. Fortunately, skins are architecture agnostic. Grab 5.19.0 from the git repo and edit addon.xml to lower the gui version to 5.14 then update from zip. Good to go and it will refresh again when your kodi install is up to snuff.

I always appreciate having an extra pair of eyes on the work. Thanks for auditioning quartz/matrix!

Fantastic!  That worked.  Thank you!
Hi! I just started using this skin on my Kodi v19 and I have one question about the RSS feed... Does anyone know which .xml file I can edit in order to have the RSS feed permanently shown? I would like to see my RSS feed on my homescreen, as well as when any videos or live tv are playing... Is that doable? Thank you!
(2020-07-10, 01:26)rhoop206 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I just started using this skin on my Kodi v19 and I have one question about the RSS feed... Does anyone know which .xml file I can edit in order to have the RSS feed permanently shown? I would like to see my RSS feed on my homescreen, as well as when any videos or live tv are playing... Is that doable? Thank you!

Cut lines 784 through 799 from home.xml then paste/insert that block of code into custom_debug.xml immediately after line 16.
(2020-07-10, 11:06)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 01:26)rhoop206 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I just started using this skin on my Kodi v19 and I have one question about the RSS feed... Does anyone know which .xml file I can edit in order to have the RSS feed permanently shown? I would like to see my RSS feed on my homescreen, as well as when any videos or live tv are playing... Is that doable? Thank you!

Cut lines 784 through 799 from home.xml then paste/insert that block of code into custom_debug.xml immediately after line 16.
Awesome! Thank you @nonJon ! That did the trick Smile!  Very happy now Smile!
(2020-07-10, 11:06)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry one last question @nonJon ... Is it possible to have a permanent black background that the RSS feed runs across?  Meaning, the white text is hard to read while an active video or live TV show is playing... If there is a way to have a permanent black strip at the bottom of the screen for the RSS feed?  Thanks again.
@rhoop206

try this...

PHP Code:
        <control type="group">
            <
control type="image">
                <
left>0</left>
                <
bottom>0</bottom>
                <
width>100%</width>
                <
height>30</height>
                <
texture>OSD/OSDBackground.png</texture>
            </
control>
            <
control type="rss">
                <
animation effect="slide" end="0,90" time="300" tween="sine" easing="inout" condition="true">conditional</animation>
                <
left>0</left>
                <
bottom>0</bottom>
                <
height>120</height>
                <
width>100%</width>
                <
font>size15</font>
                <
urlset>1</urlset>