Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to install emulators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, it's me again.
So I installed kodi over raspbian on my raspberry. But I still have a problem. It's impossible to install emulators. I can't find mGBA or Beetle GBA, and I can't launch any gba rom. I don't really understand why. It seems like some addons are missing. Maybe is it a problem with repositories? But I don't really understand how it works. Do I need to install a third party repository? But it's not logical because it should be in official kodi repo that shoult be built in kodi... Maybe should I install another package over raspbian that would be missing? I'm really stuck right now Undecided

Thanks by advance for you answers.
Emulator addons are not available on Raspbian, and probably never will. Those are platform specific. Use Retropie if you want to stay with Raspbian or use LibreELEC if you just want Kodi and the libretro emulators.
(2020-04-18, 02:36)rascas Wrote: [ -> ]Emulator addons are not available on Raspbian, and probably never will. Those are platform specific. Use Retropie if you want to stay with Raspbian or use LibreELEC if you just want Kodi and the libretro emulators.

Actually, with Rapbian Buster on a Raspberry Pi 4, using the Zach Morris LibreElec Extension works : "apt install kodi-game-libretro"
 and install https://github.com/zach-morris/kodi_libr..._armhf.zip