Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Show fan art in Files view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you enter individual movie folders in Files view, fan art is not shown, even though it's downloaded and matched up properly.  It's only shown on the movie selection screen (in Wall view, for example), but not when you enter the movie's folder.  How do you make it show fan art inside the movie folder?
you may have it off in settings
skin artwork 
show media fanart as background
(2020-04-21, 03:19)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]you may have it off in settings
skin artwork 
show media fanart as background

That setting is enabled.  I think it's a bug in the Estuary skin, because the fanart is shown inside TV show folders but not inside movie folders.
You need local artwork to have artwork displayed in files view. Files view bypasses the library.
@Karellen files view definitely uses artwork assets from the library. Fan art is displayed in the background of all TV show folders. It also displays fan art for movies in the movie selection screen. But the skin doesn't show fan art when you enter individual movie folders, which is inconsistent with how it behaves with TV shows, so it does look like a bug.
But the skin doesn't show fan art when you enter individual movie folders
SOUNDS LIKE YOU DO NO HAVE IT SET UP RIGHT
the only place you should see folders is in video
@the_other_guy That is incorrect. If you set the contents of a folder to movies, TV shows, etc, then those folders behave accordingly in Files view. I have been using Kodi/XBMC this way for 15+ years. Fan art is definitely supposed to show for movie folders in Files view.
Are you sure it has worked when entering the movie folder where the movie file and any associated metadata is stored? I only ever remember it working at the level where you see all individual folders for each movie as you are experiencing now. Also this doesn't appear to be a skin problem as Confluence has the same behaviour, so if you are convinced this worked in the past that means there's likely been a change in the core code, so either both Estuary and Confluence haven't been update to use a new or different method, or a change means this is no longer possible for any skin.
@jjd-uk

I'm relatively new to Estuary (about 3 months of use) and can't remember whether it was Confluence or the skin before it when it was last working properly. However, fan art does currently show within TV Show folders in Estuary, so at the very least it's inconsistent with the Movie folders. Is there a good reason not to show fan art within folders? Perhaps it was overlooked because most people use the Library view instead of the Files view. In any case, it would be great to get TV Shows and Movies to behave the same way.
You're maybe not comparing like with like, commonly tv episode files would all reside in a common folder for either the tv show or the season, it's not usually the case where each episode is in it's own folder which might need to be the case to see the same behaviour as for movies, as from a quick glance of the code I see nothing within the skin files that would cause different behaviour.
I just checked again. TV episodes in Estuary always show fan art whenever the MKV is highlighted, whether they are all in the same folder or in per-season subfolders.