Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: audio beeps at video_ts playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have my DVD collection ripped to my nas with the Video-TS structure, playing these DVD's wit VLC or any other player sound is just fine.
When played in Kodi (OS en version independent Raspberry PI, Win10, Kodi 14, Kodi 16, Kodi 18.6) there is a constant beep in the audio that seems to increase in numbers when the sound in a scene is louder.
Analog sound or HDMI doesn't also solve the problem, as said it is on PC and on Raspberry Pi.

I see some threads on this subject from years ago, but never with a solution. Is there anybody that knows a solution for this problem?

When starting playback with the Video_TS. ifo file the beep is there, but when starting direct playback of the *.VOB files the sound is OK without beeps, but also without subtitles....

Hoping on a solution to "kill" the beeps.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum