Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to exclude part10, part11, part12 files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tinyMediaManager already excludes file parts from part2-part9 But unfortunately not above.

How can you also exclude the part10, part11, part12, ... files?

Example:

Code:
movie part1.mp4
movie part2.mp4
movie part3.mp4
movie part4.mp4
movie part5.mp4
movie part6.mp4
movie part7.mp4
movie part8.mp4
movie part9.mp4
movie part10.mp4 - are not excluded
movie part11.mp4 - are not excluded
movie part12.mp4 - are not excluded
We do not exclude them;
Part1-9 is a special movie file pattern; recognised by Kodi to combine this to a single movie.
See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ovie_Files

What is the reason you have splitted a movie that often?!?

(And no, we won't change this)
(2020-04-22, 19:55)myron Wrote: [ -> ]We do not exclude them;
Part1-9 is a special movie file pattern; recognised by Kodi to combine this to a single movie.
See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ovie_Files

What is the reason you have splitted a movie that often?!?

(And no, we won't change this)
I have some movies that have more than 10 parts, for example when you encode your Blu-Ray collection and have each chapter saved as a separate part. This has some advantages.

And your statement about Kodi is outdated (as is the website), Kodi now also supports "movie part1x.ext" (greater than 9) without any problems. I can confirm this, because I have some movies with up to 15 parts that I can play to the end with Kodi and also the cumulated times are correct and include all parts.
kinda hard to follow the changed inside Kodi - the wiki is the only way we find the relevant documentation how we should build support.. but I trust you that Kodi has support for double digit stacking patterns and I've added them to tmm too
(2020-04-25, 15:18)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]kinda hard to follow the changed inside Kodi - the wiki is the only way we find the relevant documentation how we should build support.. but I trust you that Kodi has support for double digit stacking patterns and I've added them to tmm too
Perfect, many thanks!  I have already seen it in the current snapshot and it works :-)
(2020-04-25, 15:18)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]kinda hard to follow the changed inside Kodi - the wiki is the only way we find the relevant documentation how we should build support.. but I trust you that Kodi has support for double digit stacking patterns and I've added them to tmm too
I have just discovered that the following is still buggy (latest nightly build):

movie part1.mp4 - main file
movie part2.mp4 - is excluded
movie part3.mp4 - is excluded
movie part4.mp4 - is excluded
movie part5.mp4 - is excluded
movie part6.mp4 - is excluded
movie part7.mp4 - is excluded
movie part8.mp4 - is excluded
movie part9.mp4 - is excluded
movie part10.mp4 - is not excluded
movie part11.mp4 - is excluded
movie part12.mp4 - is excluded
should be fixed in the next version
(2020-06-07, 08:12)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]should be fixed in the next version
Thanx!

There is another bug:

The string "TS" in a file name is simply removed in the title when generating the NFOs:

Examples:
  • Filename: "Telesync TS Movie".mp4 -> Title in NFO: "Telesync Movie"
  • File name: "TS Movie.mp4" -> Title in NFO: "Movie"
  • File name: "Movie TS.mp4" -> Title in NFO: "Movie"
No bug.
The title in NFO is always the title you see in TMM (which is a 'title' and not a filename)

"TS" might be removed on importing your files, to generate a nice title;
and when scraping, you possibly always overwrite your title...
(2020-06-08, 12:25)myron Wrote: [ -> ]No bug.
The title in NFO is always the title you see in TMM (which is a 'title' and not a filename)

"TS" might be removed on importing your files, to generate a nice title;
and when scraping, you possibly always overwrite your title...
ok, but I find it strange that just parts of the filename are removed automatically, no matter if this is a bug or not.

I have to add the "TS" manually every time I record new Telesync videos, when I add them to the DB via tinyMM.
Can I deactivate the automatism somehow?
No, because no one would want video source information in title (beside you)
Title is title, and you should add a proper tag / video source to your entry (which might be used in renamer).
But not in title...