Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi won't save the selected subtitle when it is downloaded with an addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selected subtitle index is not saved correctly after downloading a new subtitle with an addon  (e.g. Addic7ed). I mean if you select a subtitle from the already downloaded/included ones, Kodi "remembers" that and the next time you open that video it enables the previously selected subtitle. But this is not working with subtitles you've just downloaded with an addon.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Play an episode of a series with an included subtitle
2. Download another subtitle for the video using one of the subtitle add-ons
3. The previously downloaded subtitle is active (OK)
4. Exit from the video playback
5. Open the same episode again, the first subtitle is active and not the one you previously downloaded
Forgot to mention I use Kodi 18.6 on CoreELEC.
You also forgot to provide a full, debug-enabled kodi.log, instructions are here: debug log (wiki)
Any news on this? Did you try to reproduce the problem?
(2020-04-24, 17:58)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You also forgot to provide a full, debug-enabled kodi.log, instructions are here: debug log (wiki)

It looks like you didn't notice that I have provided clear instructions on how to reproduce the problem. As an advanced Kodi user, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to check if it is a real bug or not.
Not all unexpected behaivour generates error message in the log (e.g. this one), but I have provided the debug log in one of my older post anyway, because you asked for it.

I try to explain it again.
Kodi stores some data per video, for example watched, time to continue from, selected streams and so on. If you select a subtitle, the expected behaivour is that next time you open that video, Kodi loads that subtitle. This works if you use subtitles that are already in the filesystem. If you download a subtitle with one of the subtitle add-ons, the subtitle is saved to the filesystem next to the video file and will be selected subtitle stream. If there were subtitle streams (included in the videofile or next to the videofile) before you downloaded one, next time you open that video not the previously selected subtitle will be loaded (not the one you downloaded using a subtitle add-on).

So here are the steps to reproduce (again):
1. Play an episode of a series with an included subtitle (in the videofile or next to the videofile)
2. Download another subtitle for the video using one of the subtitle add-ons
3. The previously downloaded subtitle is active (OK)
4. Exit from the video playback
5. Open the same episode again, and not the previously downloaded subtitle will be active
Someone else reported the same problem as a bug on github https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17903