Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Edit "full" multimedia info manually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi and congrats for this great software. I am using it for a week and I am very happy with the ease of use and all the features.

I have a request that maybe its not a big deal and can be done... I use a skin in Kodi that uses the video stream data (metadata) to display some labels for the video (codec, resolution, audio formats, etc.) and not simply strings in filename for that data. I love to see that data in Kodi but obviously I can't get it easily with "stub" (disc) files that I use for my physical discs (blu-ray & UHD blu-ray). So I use TMM to manually enter the data of the media as in a "fake scrape" of the data. I have no problems with audio tracks -I can add & edit everything- but with video I can enter codec, resolution, fps and aspect ratio, but I can't see how to edit VIDEO BITRATE and BIT DEPTH. That data is showed in info tab but it seems that can't be edited or added. I would love to edit that and not miss any label in Kodi.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

NOTE: BTW at "multimedia files" tab (don't know if that is the exact english name, I use spanish traduction) it shows all video information but the ASPECT RATIO is missing there. I can't see it until I "edit" the movie.

EDIT: I would like too to be able to edit the "video sources" on the default dropbox for that field. There are many that I will never use and would be better if I can remove (or add more) them.
a full edit of the media information is not yet implemented, but I will add this to our todos list

the video sources list is fixated (these are pre-defined with a bunch of regular expressions behind it to automatically detect them at update data sources). adding new or removing existing is not possible