Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: System / network information is empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just install Kodi from play store and try it.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to reach any of my NAS, whatever the protocol I use. Those NAS are accessible from Android and Windows
I check addons update, it seems I'm up to date.
I setup Weather with Gismeteo and well receive meteo info of my location.

In System / System Info / Network : all fields are empty except Gateway = 254.168.0.0

I believe the issue comes from here but I cannot find where I could setup network config...
Could someone help me ?
Thanks

Fred
Indeed ... very strange for being pushed toward a russian web site which promote TV ! ...

BTW, anyone to help me to solve my issue ?
I tried several times remove/install without success

Br,
Fred
(2020-04-29, 10:11)Fred_38 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried several times remove/install without success

In the case of Android, Kodi will pick up on whatever the OS is feeding it.
Does your Android system have a correct IP address?
Do you possibly have a firewall of some kind active on your Android device?
Any change of a debug log (wiki) file for some additional details?

However, it's not uncommon for the system values to not be present, and still have Kodi working correctly.
We try to be as Android-compliant as possible, but displaying system information isn't that high on the priority list.
Wether Kodi is working correctly in terms video play is our main concern.
Hi Klojum

Now I understand why addons are updating and up to date, why I can check dialy weather and so on despite network information reports misleading data Smile

BTW, ahead of that missing information, my 1st issue is about my NAS access. 
When I try to add a new video path, (eg FTP, HTTP, Webdav, SMB, NFS, ...), I still have a pop up window 'Unable to connect' : "the connection to the network location couldn't be established. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"

I'm connected as per Kodi system info (but all other info are missing & gateway value is strange)
I have access to internet
I have access and can navigate into my NAS with an android file explorer

Frustrating!
Fred
Hello everyone,

Does someone who could guide me to setup my NAS access?
So far I still facing the issue and therefore not being able to use Kodi.
Thanks a lot for your help Smile Smile 

Fred