Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Insert an episode in a huge number of existing episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fans of TMM Smile

I have a lot of episodes in a series. (collect documentaries).

Now I want to "insert" an episode at a specific point.
For example, the new episode should have the number 53.
All other episodes should then be ranked automatically one number higher.

Is there a way to do this?

Or maybe i could (after adding new documentary) sort all my documentaries alphabetical and give them ALL a new number at once?

Thank you very much !!
push...

no way to do this?
It's really annoying when you have a lot of episodes in a series and want to insert a single episode in the middle.

In this case, I use TMM for my own collection.
I don't scrape anything here, but add pictures and descriptions of the individual episodes myself. It is my own collection of documentaries.

And from time to time I want to insert a single episode in the middle, WITHOUT having to manually rank each episode behind it (especially when u have 100+ Episodes...)

Smile
Thanks a lot
I guess the series does not have an episode list on it's own? Because then you could have e.g. s01e13 and s01e15 and then get s01e14 later without problems.

I guess in your case it would be easiest to take a file renamer, remove all episode numbers and add a new counter. Example with RenameMaster:

It removes all characters on position 5 and 6 (e.g. s01e01 becomes s01e) and then adds a new counter starting from 1 again. But: the order in which the files are renamed is the difficult thing as the input files are taken alphabetically. You could try to name your new episode s01e152 or something, so it is sorted just after s01e52 and will become the new s01e53.

No guarantees given though Smile
(2020-05-05, 00:01)Silent Strider Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the series does not have an episode list on it's own? Because then you could have e.g. s01e13 and s01e15 and then get s01e14 later without problems.
First of all: Thank you thausand times for your answer ...the only one... Sad
And sorry for my late reply - i got twins (yes - two babys) in the meantime and they need nearly ALL of my time *ARGH*

You're right: No episode list on it's own - this is my own collection ;-)

(2020-05-05, 00:01)Silent Strider Wrote: [ -> ]I guess in your case it would be easiest to take a file renamer, remove all episode numbers and add a new counter.
Yeah - i can handle this easily with TotalCommander.
I have tried this, but have a lot of problems. I have to rename all files (media, nfo,...). But INSIDE the nfo, it has still wrong episode numbers.
I will still have to change order in TMM itself and then click on "rename" or write nfo again...
Only rename does not work easily Sad

(2020-05-05, 00:01)Silent Strider Wrote: [ -> ]You could try to name your new episode s01e152 or something, so it is sorted just after s01e52 and will become the new s01e53.
Dirty workaround :-D haha... i want a clean and fresh list.

PLS developers: Think about the option to INSERT an episode in the middle of an existing list ;-)
Maybe i am not the only one with this feature-Request?!?

Thank you very much !!
Kind regards..
(2020-05-25, 08:24)Kamikaze01 Wrote: [ -> ]But INSIDE the nfo, it has still wrong episode numbers.
If you are scanning into Kodi, then the season and episode numbers inside the nfo are ignored when scanned into Kodi. It is the filename that needs to be correct.
this is all just a dirty workaroud :-(
If i just change the filenames (and this is also hard work with more than 100+ episodes..., change filename, nfo-name, poster-name, etc... change eg. S04E98 to S04E103).

I wish there would be an possibility just to "insert" them in TMM and this gread program do the rest (rename all other Episodes, clean Filename, nfos...).
So i just have to refresh my collection in KODI and everything is okay...

Anyway - seems like i will have to live with a chaotic collection Sad
TMM is more like for Collection with an existing list from one of the scrapers... not for handling own collections.

thanks anyway Sad