Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: crazy behaviour wireless mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run Kodi 18.6 Estuary on tv box Vorke Z6 Plus with android 7.1.2
I use a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard/touchpad which works pretty well with any other android app
But when I start kodi the mouse pointer becomes crazy: movements are not coherent with touchpad and my click does not correspond to the position of the pointer on the screen
It is then completely useless and I have to rely only on keyboard arrows and enter key
Please help
Kodi was not really designed to be used with a mouse. A keyboard or remote is a quicker, more direct and intuitive input device.
For Android, there is also the Etouchy skin, especially designed for a touch screen.

As to why your mouse pointer is going bazurk when in Kodi: no idea.
(2020-04-30, 00:41)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi was not really designed to be used with a mouse. A keyboard or remote is a quicker, more direct and intuitive input device.
For Android, there is also the Etouchy skin, especially designed for a touch screen.

As to why your mouse pointer is going bazurk when in Kodi: no idea.

Thank you. With the Estouchy skin the crazy mouse behaviour disappears. I then discovered that I can get the same result with the touch mode option of the Estuary skin :-)
Thread marked solved.
(2020-04-30, 00:08)blasco51 Wrote: [ -> ]I run Kodi 18.6 Estuary on tv box Vorke Z6 Plus with android 7.1.2
I use a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard/touchpad which works pretty well with any other android app
But when I start kodi the mouse pointer becomes crazy: movements are not coherent with touchpad and my click does not correspond to the position of the pointer on the screen
It is then completely useless and I have to rely only on keyboard arrows and enter key
Please help
I also use a K400 and I've found that it's a problem with the unified receiver getting interference, mostly from PSU's (either small DC bricks or even being too close to my Intel NUC among other things).
If you test that theory out by putting it on a USB extension (or a hub away from all other devices), the crazy behavior disappears.
BTW, my K400 works perfectly on a Shield.