Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Creating Custom Movie Sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two issues here, possibly related.  I'm using Movie Sets for the first time.

1. I noticed that there was no set for Matrix movies.  Is there a way to force it, or how do I trouble shoot what's wrong with the automatic system?

2. I cannot seem to create a custom set.  If I add movie "BAR1" to a new set called "FOO" it adds that fine.  (In the sense that if I manage the set for BAR1 again, it shows that it is in the FOO set and gives me option to remove it.  However, if I manage a set for any other movie, the FOO set is not listed at all.  What am I doing wrong here? 

(Edit: Just noticed the sub-forum here; I don't even know what TMM is; maybe this is a general Kodi question?)  ×
@ctawn

So you are not asking about TMM? I'll split you off to Information Providers.

(2020-04-30, 10:47)ctawn Wrote: [ -> ]1. I noticed that there was no set for Matrix movies.  Is there a way to force it, or how do I trouble shoot what's wrong with the automatic system?
Where? At TheMovieDB site or on your local Kodi library? If Kodi, then how did you scrape the movies?

(2020-04-30, 10:47)ctawn Wrote: [ -> ]2. I cannot seem to create a custom set.  If I add movie "BAR1" to a new set called "FOO" it adds that fine.  (In the sense that if I manage the set for BAR1 again, it shows that it is in the FOO set and gives me option to remove it.  However, if I manage a set for any other movie, the FOO set is not listed at all.  What am I doing wrong here? 
Follow the guide and check where you have gone wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets
I don't know about TMM, but in Kodi a movie can be appointed to only 1 movie set in the current Kodi database design.
(2020-04-30, 12:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about TMM, but in Kodi a movie can be appointed to only 1 movie set in the current Kodi database design.

Thank you, but I don't see how that has anything to do with what I'm asking.  I'm testing adding BAR1, BAR2, BAR3… to set FOO. None of the BAR movies are in another set.

I re-read the wiki entry and it is not behaving as described. Under "Manage individual movies in a Movie Set", I can get thru step 4 for the first movie (ie, create a new set and put it into it).  But on any other movie, that created set (here "FOO") is not shown in the list (step 3).  ×
(2020-04-30, 10:54)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Where? At TheMovieDB site or on your local Kodi library? If Kodi, then how did you scrape the movies?; 

Follow the guide and check where you have gone wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets 

I will recheck the scraping if it wasn't themoviedb and rescraping doesn't solve the auto-problem.  

On the guide, see my other reply just now. Followed, just not working as described.  ×

(BTW thanks for splitting thread and sorry for the duplicate you had to trash, I was just trying to ask in a better place. But this will do just fine, thanks!)  ×
(2020-04-30, 22:06)ctawn Wrote: [ -> ]I can get thru step 4 for the first movie (ie, create a new set and put it into it).  But on any other movie, that created set (here "FOO") is not shown in the list (step 3).  ×
What if you use the next set of instructions... Manage bulk movies in a Movie Set:
(2020-04-30, 23:00)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-30, 22:06)ctawn Wrote: [ -> ]I can get thru step 4 for the first movie (ie, create a new set and put it into it).  But on any other movie, that created set (here "FOO") is not shown in the list (step 3).  ×
What if you use the next set of instructions... Manage bulk movies in a Movie Set:  
FWIW, this is working now, both methods. Something must have been glitching before a reboot.
Thread marked solved.