Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MUBI Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I recently got into MUBI, a streaming service for a curated selection of films. I found a MUBI add-on for Kodi on GitHub, but the project seems abandoned (the latest update has been like 3 years ago).

So I spent the weekend reverse-engineering the MUBI Android app to update the API calls and implement DRM streaming playback and, to my own surprise, succeeded.

I have never programmed a Kodi add-on and I'm not much into python, but nevertheless wanted to share my work with the community, perhaps it makes somebody's day.

You can find my MUBI add-on on GitHub: https://github.com/flxapps/plugin.video.mubi

And (for convenience) a Kodi repository (so you could use the Git Browser add-on to install): https://github.com/flxapps/flxapps.kodi-repository

Have a good one,
Felix
Sweet. Surprised no one else replied, so just wanted to let you know that I tested your plugin, and all works fine on my end. It pulls all the available titles and plays them back, no issues. Thanks Felix, will definitely be adding this to my regular setup.
Hi Felix, thank you very much for doing this! I just set up my first Kodi system and I was worried I wouldn't be able to use Mubi.

I'm having trouble installing the add-on. I followed the steps on your site and I can see FLX Apps in my list of repositories, but when I click on it I get "Could not connect to repository". Any suggestions?
Ignore - I tried again with the Git browser and it worked beautifully.

Thanks again!
I managed to install it, and the plugin will list about 30 films, but when I try to play them LibreELEC thinks for a while and then just returns me to the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Thank you so much for this plugin! It didn't work until I installed the Netflix addon from the CastagnaIT Repository though. Now it runs perfect. Cheers!
The installation seemed to go well, but then the log said it couldn't log in. I then changed from user name to email and now I get past the the login, but then it fails to determine the country, so I get no listing. I saw the country list before, so something must have changed. Any ideas? Thanks!
Also getting the Failed to get country Error. It worked wonderfully a few weeks ago, so maybe the MUBI guys changed something
I registered just to post this bug report as I found no other way of contacting the author.

Similar to others I was using and enjoying this until it suddenly stopped working.

I believe the problem is that the
python:
get_now_showing()
method now returns a 404. Mubi must have changed something. I know enough code to find the problem, but not the solution.

@flx-apps do you think this is fixable?
I get country error as well, hope it will be fixed
(2020-08-09, 06:37)demidyad Wrote: [ -> ]@flx-apps do you think this is fixable?

Bump
(2020-10-22, 02:18)lgs11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-09, 06:37)demidyad Wrote: [ -> ]@flx-apps do you think this is fixable?

Bump

Bump also, just registered to ask for this add-on to work again =)
Hello, I've just installed this addon from the flxapps repository. When opening the addon it only gives the option to open a video from a URL and when I try to enter the URL of a Mubi video it gives an error.

The corresponding error in the kodi log gives this error:
python:
EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                 
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                                                                      
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>                                                                                           
                                           Error Contents: No module named html                                                                                                  
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                    
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mubi/addon.py", line 89, in <module>                                                       
                                               plugin.run()                                                                                                                      
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodiswift/lib/kodiswift/plugin.py", line 307, in run                                      
                                               items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)                                                                                         
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodiswift/lib/kodiswift/plugin.py", line 326, in _dispatch                                
                                               resp = view_func(**items)                                                                                                         
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mubi/addon.py", line 82, in enter_url                                                      
                                               film = mubi.get_film_id_by_web_url(mubi_url)                                                                                      
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mubi/resources/lib/mubi.py", line 210, in get_film_id_by_web_url                           
                                               import re, html                                                                                                                   
                                           ImportError: No module named html                                                                                                     
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--

It seems to be complaining that the html library is missing. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a way to manually install this library to allow the program to run?

Kodi version: 18.9
Python version: 2.7.16
(2021-01-24, 17:54)lipgloss Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I've just installed this addon from the flxapps repository. When opening the addon it only gives the option to open a video from a URL and when I try to enter the URL of a Mubi video it gives an error.

python:
EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                 
                                               plugin.run()                                                                                                                      
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodiswift/lib/kodiswift/plugin.py", line 307, in run                                      
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodiswift/lib/kodiswift/plugin.py", line 326, in _dispatch                                
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mubi/resources/lib/mubi.py", line 210, in get_film_id_by_web_url                           
                                               import re, html                                                                                                                   

It seems to be complaining that the html library is missing. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a way to manually install this library to allow the program to run?

Hi lipgloss - I have exactly the same issue ... did you manage to resolve this?
(2021-06-11, 13:43)harrythedog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-24, 17:54)lipgloss Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I've just installed this addon from the flxapps repository. When opening the addon it only gives the option to open a video from a URL and when I try to enter the URL of a Mubi video it gives an error.

python:
                                               plugin.run()                                                                                                                      
                                               import re, html                                                                                                                   

Hi lipgloss - I have exactly the same issue ... did you manage to resolve this?
Exact same problem as you guys... Any fix?
Pages: 1 2