Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: C64 / VICE Keyboard Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Running Leia on LibreElec and RPi 4, I've installed the SNES and C64 emulators. SNES is working perfectly with my SNES controllers, but I can't play games on C64 using VICE due to keyboard map issues.

Most games I've tried via IAGL and RCB load to the crack screen, but require pressing the Run/Stop key to start the game. This is variously documented as the Escape or Up or Caps-Lock keys, none of which work for me (Escape being used by Kodi, and Up being Up). Nowhere in the Controls or Advanced Settings can I find how to remap it, and I have tried *every* key combination to try trigger it and multiple different keyboards.

I've also tried to use the VICE virtual keyboard, documented as being F11, and showing in Advanced Settings as mapped to F11, but it never appears. I've tried remapping in Advanced Settings to an unused key (right shift) but it still doesn't appear.

Has anyone succeeded with getting either the physical keys remapped, or getting the virtual keyboard to display?

For bonus points: has anyone got their SNES controllers working in VICE?

Thanks!
(2020-05-02, 14:50)odysseus_nz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Running Leia on LibreElec and RPi 4, I've installed the SNES and C64 emulators. SNES is working perfectly with my SNES controllers, but I can't play games on C64 using VICE due to keyboard map issues.

Most games I've tried via IAGL and RCB load to the crack screen, but require pressing the Run/Stop key to start the game. This is variously documented as the Escape or Up or Caps-Lock keys, none of which work for me (Escape being used by Kodi, and Up being Up). Nowhere in the Controls or Advanced Settings can I find how to remap it, and I have tried *every* key combination to try trigger it and multiple different keyboards.

I've also tried to use the VICE virtual keyboard, documented as being F11, and showing in Advanced Settings as mapped to F11, but it never appears. I've tried remapping in Advanced Settings to an unused key (right shift) but it still doesn't appear.

Has anyone succeeded with getting either the physical keys remapped, or getting the virtual keyboard to display?

Thanks!
Hi, i have exactly the same issues: two snes controllers, i can confirm they works fine on snes and i tried it on 3d Gloopers for vice: only the 4 direction keys are required and they work. Not the same for Out Run. I notice the same issue for many games in vice when hitting run/stop is needed. 
In case i can figure it out i'll keep you posted.
(2020-05-31, 01:40)Paloo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-02, 14:50)odysseus_nz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, i have exactly the same issues: two snes controllers, i can confirm they works fine on snes and i tried it on 3d Gloopers for vice: only the 4 direction keys are required and they work. Not the same for Out Run. I notice the same issue for many games in vice when hitting run/stop is needed. 
In case i can figure it out i'll keep you posted.
Hi
Did you guys get anywhere with this?  I have the same hardware, same issue - cannot get any sensible input thru to the C64 from the function keys etc.
Thanks...