Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xcode TVOS App will not install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I followed the wiki guide to compile the app which basically succeeded. However it is impossible to install the app to the Apple TV. Both Xcode or IPA fail after uploading/installing with a generic "Can not install" error message.

I downloaded a premade DEB from redmondpie which, after resigning with the same profiles enabled in Xcode is working flawless and is able to be installed.

Any pointers on where I could look into why my own generated app is failing to install?
sounds like you didn't sign your compiled app, use iOS app signer for that. Alternatively, compile in Xcode where you can specify signing settings via GUI.
(2020-05-05, 10:04)dusag0211 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded a premade DEB from redmondpie

why not downloading an official deb directly from Kodi website?
To be honest it was the first entry when googling for a ready made deb/ipa. Should have looked better.
Also eventually saved me from downloading different versions in case one nightly is not working.

Signing is set in Xcode. It has my (free) account in it as well as the team. Also Xcode generated a provisioning profile.

Also took the self-compiled deb from Xcode and resigned with IOS Signer and it still failed to install.
try this:
  1. open Xcode project
  2. select your ATV near the scheme name
  3. open signing settings
  4. re-generate provisioning profile
This ensures that ATV's UDID is added to the profile.