Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

sometimes when i watch a movie with ac3 sound all is fine but when i take another movie i get loud noise on my speakers.
Furthermore when i watch a movie with different audio languages and i have this kind of noise problem i can solve the problem when i switch between the audio streams several times.
Thus after second/third time of switching the audio stream all is working fine.
The same problem happen if i watch dvb-t2 tv and i change the audio stream of the tv program.
This happen also when i play an mp3 file with ac3 upmix.

I am running debian linux with kodi/leia connected to an onkyo receiver using toslink/spdif

To solve the problem i have tested a few things:
1. without passthrough all is working fine because no ac3 output
2. sometimes when i kill pusleaudio after whatching a movie with noise problem kodi restarts pulseaudio and the sound works well sometimes doesn't
3. i have used max log level in kodi and compared the logs from different movies with and without noise problem but i could not find real differences

here the log ouput playing a movie getting noise

https://paste.kodi.tv/zutiligufo.kodi

and here the ouput for the same movie without noise where all is working fine
https://paste.kodi.tv/cejezapufe.kodi

i try to debug the kodi sources to find the reason for this.
has someone an idea where to start the debugging?

i think the problem can not be in
CVideoPlayerAudio because there will be only the threads for video, audio streams handled and also not in
the AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkPULSE.cpp because this is only the wrapper to pulseaudio.
i tried to clear the pulseaudio buffer with pa_stream_flush() but no changes.

i think the problem can be either in AudioEngine/ActiveAE.cpp or in AudioEngine/ActiveAEBuffer.cpp

any ideas?

mod edit - log snippets moved to paste site
As per the big red message above the posting buttons, please do not post logs (or snippets of them) here. Use our paste site instead.
(2020-05-07, 17:59)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]As per the big red message above the posting buttons, please do not post logs (or snippets of them) here. Use our paste site instead.

ok, sorry for that