Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crackle Addon Stopped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

it’s been working fine, but today it’s throwing an error when trying to play a video. I assume something changed on Crackle side, but can post a log if needed.

thx
What do you think the chances are that something can be fixed based on "an error" and no log file?
I have tested Crackle on several movies in Kodi 18.6/7 on Windows 10 & on Kodi 19 nightlies on Ubuntu (abeit a modified version for python 3).
All movies I tested started correctly and without errors.

Can you make sure you have version 2020.2.13?
Please read this 338597 and that will take you to the DRM updated version on GitHub : Updated Crackle
Uninstall the current version & Download and install the updated version from the new zip file.
(2020-05-09, 10:53)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]I have tested Crackle on several movies in Kodi 18.6/7 on Windows 10 & on Kodi 19 nightlies on Ubuntu (abeit a modified version for python 3).
All movies I tested started correctly and without errors.

Can you make sure you have version 2020.2.13?
Please read this 338597 and that will take you to the DRM updated version on GitHub : Updated Crackle
Uninstall the current version & Download and install the updated version from the new zip file.
Thank you for your informative reply. That fixed it and no bandwidth wasted.
(2020-05-09, 10:53)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make sure you have version 2020.2.13?
OTinley, thank you for your helpful post.  Without it, I wouldn't have known there was a new version available, I was using an older version from the Kodi repo.  Thanks again.
I'm only replying to say thanks.  I haven't used the Crackle add-on in a while but today when I tried to use it every tv show I selected resulted in an error.  I upgraded to eracknaphobia's github version and all is well again.

Thanks again.
Does anyone know where the latest version of Crackle can be found.  In this thread we have 2020.2.13, which is later amended to 2020.10.7

The Kodi Repo has 2020.10.7 and I have 2021.5.24 working fine on my system.

I don't remember where I got it and can't find 2021.5.24 and also I thought I saw a version somewhere for 2022 (i could be wrong).

Can anyone help find the location for the latest version of Crackle
that is the latest version.... it just hasnt been updated in a very long time

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.crackle
What is the latest version?  Is that the zip file under the green code button called plugin.video.crackle-master?  I believe that is 2022.10.19, is that correct?  I tried to install it and got a dependency error (python version 2.25).

I have 2021.5.24 installed and it is working, is there anything newer than that, that is working?
you are seeing everything im seeing

the kodi wiki for that addon points to that github page as it's source location, that source location shows minimal fixes 5 months ago, otherwise the actual code files show modified dates 5-6 years ago
That's not telling me anything, I need a version number.  I am saying I have one called 2021.5.24 installed.  Is there a newer one, if so what is the version number and where is it.  I don't think that's difficult. 

If that page says 2020.10.7 it's not the latest
look newb that "magic" version number you're tossing around is a date - october 7 2020

the version number is just a made up thing, the important thing is the code date, if the code has not been changed in 5 years there is no newer version
(2023-03-20, 01:40)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]look newb that "magic" version number you're tossing around is a date - october 7 2020

the version number is just a made up thing, the important thing is the code date, if the code has not been changed in 5 years there is no newer version

Barney63 is hardly a newb. He's been around for quite awhile and helped with a number of addon, including the CBC Sports one in my signature. Oct 2020 is 2.5 yrs not 5.

Thanks,

Jeff
ugh look at the github and the post i sent before

SOME dates changed 5 months ago but most the primary code has dates 5-6 years ago

and if not a newb why is he telling me that code dates dont mean anything he must have a version number? its a newb thing to say
Pages: 1 2