Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Renamer & Extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! I've been putting together thousands of movies in TMM recently, & finally had about everything I needed together, manually scraped, etc... I went into each movie & renamed folders such as "Featurettes" to "Extras" which stopped a bunch of junk being picked up in source updates & got everything to the point where doing a fresh scan would bring up everything just as I wanted it. Anyway, I figured I'd make the folder names more uniform & settled on making the folder settings:
${movieSet.title}\${title}${ (,edition,)} (${year}) [${videoCodec} ${videoFormat} ${videoBitDepth}bit${if movie.videoHDRFormat} HDR${else}${end}] [${audioCodec} ${audioChannels}]${ [,3dformat,]}

& the filename settings blank, as I wanted to keep the original names. This for the most part worked fine, but I've realized that it moved all the Extras files into the main folder, & then when I scan again, they come up as their own entries! I figure the program must know they're extras since it kept them... is there a way to re-do the rename or something so that it puts those files back into a separate folder? Or is there a way to just ignore them through TMM's knowledge of them (I suppose in the nfo)?

Thanks!
(2020-05-09, 07:14)CravanThePugilist Wrote: [ -> ]& the filename settings blank, as I wanted to keep the original names.

Probably that's what's causing the issue to the files in the extras sub-folder. Try entering a pattern to filename setting too to see if that makes a difference.
(2020-05-09, 12:56)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-09, 07:14)CravanThePugilist Wrote: [ -> ]& the filename settings blank, as I wanted to keep the original names.

Probably that's what's causing the issue to the files in the extras sub-folder. Try entering a pattern to filename setting too to see if that makes a difference. 
Hey, instant fix! Thanks man!

Following that, is there a string or token or whatever for the Renamer tool to use the current filename?
With the current filename, it doesn't seem to work whether you leave it blank or use ${filename}. Could be a bug.
Probably the only option is adding "-extras" at the end of the filename of those extra files, putting them in the same folder. Then they won't be picked up when scanning.
I will have a look at it - thanks for the hints, this will make finding the issue faster Wink
should be fixed in the next version
Thanks for the help tars!
@mlaggner - just updated the nightly build after seeing the changelog & can confirm this has resolved the issue, amazing job my dude, thank you Smile
Hey @mlaggner, weird issue which might be related to the new fix... I reverted my folder rename to:
${movieSet.title}\${title}${ (,edition,)} (${year}) [${videoCodec} ${videoFormat} ${videoBitDepth}bit${if movie.videoHDRFormat} HDR${else}${end}] [${audioCodec} ${audioChannels}]${ [,3dformat,]}

& filename blank again. This was working as far as moving extras etc. But now it appears that if a movie isn't already in its own folder, it won't move/rename with the filename rename argument blank. Adding an argument seems to make it move okay. Maybe you can make sense of the log below - look towards the end at "Kiss Me, Stupid", which fails the first time (blank rename) & then moves across the second time (argument included). I also tried the ${filename} thing, but that won't work at all (filename blank). I'm happy using filename arguments if I have to, but thought I'd point out this particular regression Smile

Logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/kidodudawa.kodi
you are right.. it is really tricky to cover all possible combinations of file/folder layouts with the renamer settings in tmm;

I hope this got fixed with the nightly build tomorrow