Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie sets structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I cannot understand what should the proper structure would be in my hard drive for movie sets. Could someone please share a resource.
Also:
I can't figure out how to put movies inside a movie set created by me.

Sorry for the triviality spend 2 hours on the above.
I think the structure will be dependent on what you use to watch the movies - a bit different for Kodi vs Plex, etc.

Personally, I use these settings for renaming folders (which will include movie sets where available):
${movieSet.title}\${title}${ (,edition,)} (${year}) [${videoCodec} ${videoFormat} ${videoBitDepth}bit${if movie.videoHDRFormat} HDR${else}${end}] [${audioCodec} ${audioChannels}]${ [,3dformat,]}

Which is basically how I'd name the movies too, sans the movie set bit. This seems to be picked up fine in both Kodi & Plex.

As far as putting movies in a set you've created, I've been going into Bulk Edit (even for individual movies), where you can create & assign movie sets Smile Someone can probably give better advice, but this works for me!
(2020-05-10, 09:09)CravanThePugilist Wrote: [ -> ]I think the structure will be dependent on what you use to watch the movies - a bit different for Kodi vs Plex, etc.

Personally, I use these settings for renaming folders (which will include movie sets where available):
${movieSet.title}\${title}${ (,edition,)} (${year}) [${videoCodec} ${videoFormat} ${videoBitDepth}bit${if movie.videoHDRFormat} HDR${else}${end}][${audioCodec} ${audioChannels}]${ [,3dformat,]}

Which is basically how I'd name the movies too, sans the movie set bit. This seems to be picked up fine in both Kodi & Plex.

As far as putting movies in a set you've created, I've been going into Bulk Edit (even for individual movies), where you can create & assign movie sets Smile Someone can probably give better advice, but this works for me!
Thank you for your reply.
I think I wasn't clear enough though.
What I am asking is what the structure of the collection should be BEFORE importing it to TMM for it to better recognize it. This may sound a bit ridiculous but I have noticed that even some logically correct structures need some restructuring. For example:

Suppose there is a folder called 'COLLECTION - STAR TREK' (Same thing applies to movies).

Inside it has two folders:
1. 1966 - STAR TREK
2. 1987 - THE NEXT GENERATION

This would not create two separate TV shows as expected but instead just ONE merging all the episodes.

Besides that, the fact that the program needs an 'extra' folder for the structure is really not very efficient. I suggest that it should be able to 'read' the folder name and create a collection (or movie set) from it.
For example, if I have a 'tv shows' folder and 4 tv shows in it, I have to read ALL of them (which can be very time consuming) to edit just one of them (or move the rest temporarily to another location).
Other than that, this application has really solved all the issues I had organizing my small video collection. Great product.
(2020-05-10, 09:09)CravanThePugilist Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I use these settings for renaming folders (which will include movie sets where available):
${movieSet.title}\${title}${ (,edition,)} (${year}) [${videoCodec} ${videoFormat} ${videoBitDepth}bit${if movie.videoHDRFormat} HDR${else}${end}] [${audioCodec} ${audioChannels}]${ [,3dformat,]}

Thank you!!! I copied/pasted and this is perfect! Could not figure out how to rename into movie set folders.