Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI freezes a lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a problem with Kodi because when I open a movie it freezes and I have to restart. This doesn't happen always but many times. Sometimes the movie opens but with no sound and sometimes I can watch several movies or TVShows without problem.

My PC is a i3-8100 with 8GB RAM, connected to TV through HDMI and I don't have any addons installed except the ones from the skin (Artic Zephyr 2) and Trakt.tv. I only use it for my own movie collection, no streaming.

This is the log from the last crash. I don't understand it but I think that it's something about the audio. I hope you can help me.

Many thanks in advance.

LOG
2020-05-09 12:03:41.219 T:6216 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enable debugging, restart Kodi and reproduce the error for a more indepth debug log (wiki).

Freezes can be the result from many things. Try with a new/clean profile and no add-ons (not even skins).
Then add your add-ons one by one (still with debugging enabled) and see where troubles start.
(2020-05-10, 11:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]2020-05-09 12:03:41.219 T:6216 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enable debugging, restart Kodi and reproduce the error for a more indepth debug log (wiki).

Freezes can be the result from many things. Try with a new/clean profile and no add-ons (not even skins).
Then add your add-ons one by one (still with debugging enabled) and see where troubles start.

Thanks. I'll try and get back to you.
(2020-05-10, 11:52)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-10, 11:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]2020-05-09 12:03:41.219 T:6216 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

It's incredible. Now I want it crashes and works just fine. I'll keep trying Wink
(2020-05-10, 13:21)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-10, 11:52)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's incredible. Now I want it crashes and works just fine. I'll keep trying Wink 
I can replicate the error in my PC (it happens the same than in my HTPC):
DEBUG
(2020-05-10, 11:01)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]Trakt.tv
Can you try without this add-on and see if that makes the difference?
(2020-05-10, 19:15)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-10, 11:01)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]Trakt.tv
Can you try without this add-on and see if that makes the difference? 
For what I saw in my debug file I think the problem is TVMelodies addon. I disabled it and also change audio from DirectSound to WASAPI and so far so good. Anyway I would thank if anyone with more knowledege about that could confirm this or point me to any other problem. Thanks.
I kind of doubt it is script.tvmelodies, but you might want to try out service.tvtunes as alternative (note it is service not script)

scott s.
(2020-05-10, 21:20)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of doubt it is script.tvmelodies, but you might want to try out service.tvtunes as alternative (note it is service not script)

scott s.

I tried TVTunes instead of TVMelodies and still freezes.
Regarding Trakt addon, I have it on my HTPC but not on my PC and they both freeze.
I don't know what else to do.
(2020-05-12, 09:22)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what else to do.

Store/backup your current Kodi data folder somewhere, and go completely fresh. No other skins or undesirable stuff.
Start with that new setup, and take simple & single steps in installing add-ons. See where the problems begin.
(2020-05-12, 09:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Store/backup your current Kodi data folder somewhere, and go completely fresh. No other skins or undesirable stuff.
Start with that new setup, and take simple & single steps in installing add-ons. See where the problems begin. 
Yes, I think this is the only solution but I don't want to step down from Artic Zephyr. I'll try when I can. Thanks.
(2020-05-12, 10:41)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 09:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I think this is the only solution but I don't want to step down from Artic Zephyr. I'll try when I can. Thanks.  
I've installed Kodi from scratch, without addons, I deactivated hardware acceleration, I tried audio through Directsound and Wasapi,... and the problem is still there. I've even delete my advancesettings.xml:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <video>
    <!-- To enable HQ video scalers -->
    <enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
    <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
    <checkdxvacompatibility>true</checkdxvacompatibility>
        <fullscreenonmoviestart>true</fullscreenonmoviestart>
    </video>

<window>
    <!-- This allows you to manually set the default size of Kodi's windowed mode -->
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
    </window>

<splash>true</splash>
</advancedsettings>

I don't know what else to do or what is the problem. I've been using Kodi for years and never had this issue. If I can't find a solution I'll go with Plex until Jellyfin has a Windows client (and works well).
(2020-05-14, 08:34)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what else to do or what is the problem. I've been using Kodi for years
Something is amiss in your installation, there is too many possibilities to elucidate in one thread. If you should want to continue in the effort of effecting a working solution, I suggest that you install Kodi portable mode with zero add-ons, default skin, and a local source and let's see a debug log from that should the issue re-appear. If Kodi is still randomly unstable, hardware & drivers remain the top suspect.

If Kodi is stable, you'll have to build from this point, checking each addition and modification for stability.
(2020-05-14, 18:52)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-14, 08:34)Mutenroy74 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what else to do or what is the problem. I've been using Kodi for years
Something is amiss in your installation, there is too many possibilities to elucidate in one thread. If you should want to continue in the effort of effecting a working solution, I suggest that you install Kodi portable mode with zero add-ons, default skin, and a local source and let's see a debug log from that should the issue re-appear. If Kodi is still randomly unstable, hardware & drivers remain the top suspect.

If Kodi is stable, you'll have to build from this point, checking each addition and modification for stability.  
This is the debug in portable mode without any addon but I have no errors.
Debug
I'm going to install addons and testing.
You seem to have audio driver problems.

Do you have an AVR for your sound or are you using the speakers from the LG TV?

Are your audio devices correctly setup in Windows?

Pages: 1 2