Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist - Group by year giving unwanted sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a Movie Smart Playlist set up to show me all files in a path which i then want grouped by year. All good so far. However it is then also grouping by MovieSet which i don't want. However I want MovieSets ignored only for this playlist. Everywhere else in Kodi i want to and like using MovieSets so want to leave the global setting as is. If i wasn't grouping by year i know i could set grouping to none and it would ignore MovieSets so i'm wondering if there is any solution to this to allow my to group by year then not show sets?
Thanks,
In short NO, unless there is some skin work I'm unaware of.

There is an operator for moviesets in the playslist functions, you might play around with 'is not' 'does not'. This request has appeared a few times over the years (and is likely a feature request with arguments in the forum) The best solution I found was to nullify the global setting, sets are still available as a general listing, a smart-play lists can pull up sets; keeping sets in their own folder offers more flexibility. I don't use the home button for movies anymore (too many) the loss of sets in the full collection is no longer appreciated. I suggest looking into Video nodes (wiki) and of course Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) a bit quirky at first but offers smart playlists functions a level up and you might be able to come up with better ways of handling your library.
(2020-05-11, 20:09)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]In short NO, unless there is some skin work I'm unaware of.

There is an operator for moviesets in the playslist functions, you might play around with 'is not' 'does not'. This request has appeared a few times over the years (and is likely a feature request with arguments in the forum) The best solution I found was to nullify the global setting, sets are still available as a general listing, a smart-play lists can pull up sets; keeping sets in their own folder offers more flexibility. I don't use the home button for movies anymore (too many) the loss of sets in the full collection is no longer appreciated. I suggest looking into Video nodes (wiki) and of course Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) a bit quirky at first but offers smart playlists functions a level up and you might be able to come up with better ways of handling your library.
I suspected that would be the answer Smile I have previously looked at the Node editor and didn't need it as managed to work out everything in Playlists and Skins but may have another look. It's such a minor niggle I might just ignore it, but better to ask and know. Thanks