Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get xmltv auto refresh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Xmltv loaded from url, it works. However, it seems Kodi is able to load epg only after boot or I need to go to settings and reset epg database.

How can I get epg autorefreshing in background? I'm usually not restarting Kodi for even a few days - at night it plays radio and next day used to watch tv. So, my epg becomes outdated every day.

Is that possible to get epg refreshing automatically without any action required? Kodi config or maybe it could be triggered from cron?
PVR Settings/Guide/Update Interval should do it. You have the optional 'Prevent updates during playback'.
I have set epg refresh interval to 120 minutes and prevent update during playback disabled, but xmltv reload from server never happens automatically. I think it maybe works with tvheadend, but not with iptv simple.

It also should be silent process without any progress on screen and without reloading channels list.
120 minutes seems a bit short, I have it set to 2880 minutes on PVR Simple Client & it seems to work fine, I never run out of EPG data. Why would you want to update epg every 2 hours?
It won’t reload unless the last load of EPG data is missing the time period you are looking for.