Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple ratings issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noticed some issues with multiple ratings:

- Metascore is not in the list of preferred ratings setting.
- Score "100.0" gets always truncated due to insufficient width of rating column.
- When Rotten Tomatoes (RT) is selected as preferred rating, movies with no RT rating seem to fall back to TMDb rating for "default" in their NFO. I don't care about it much since it must be for compatibility with Kodi. But then rating column mixes up RT & TMDb rating, which makes sorting by rating column meaningless (even with different max score).
- This issue could be resolved if multiple ratings can be added to column. Then a displayed rating no longer has to be preferred (default) rating. And users don't have to constantly change their preferred rating setting (which also requires all NFOs getting updated each time) just to see them in rating column. Also all different ratings for each movie could be compared at a glance.
When entering an additional rating manually, it doesn't work if vote count is zero. You have to put some non-zero number for vote count to add the rating, and then change it to zero. Took me a while to figure this out.
How are you able to scrape for metacritic rating? I couldn't find it anywhere in settings.
(2020-07-28, 17:06)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]How are you able to scrape for metacritic rating? I couldn't find it anywhere in settings.

Try scraping rating with Universal movie scraper with "omdbapi" selected for rating in scraper options. It adds IMDb, TMDb, Rotten Tomatoes (critics only) and Metacritic ratings as fetched from omdb api (with some faulty ones as omdb isn't doing a perfect job).
And if you choose Metacritic as preferred rating in movie settings, tmm will show metacritic rating in rating column.
(2020-07-29, 08:35)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-28, 17:06)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]How are you able to scrape for metacritic rating? I couldn't find it anywhere in settings.

Try scraping rating with Universal movie scraper with "omdbapi" selected for rating in scraper options. It adds IMDb, TMDb, Rotten Tomatoes (critics only) and Metacritic ratings as fetched from omdb api (with some faulty ones as omdb isn't doing a perfect job).
And if you choose Metacritic as preferred rating in movie settings, tmm will show metacritic rating in rating column.
Hi, thanks for quick reply. I just tried that, and scraped 3 movies couldn't see any metacritic ratings. For preferred rating, it only lets me select between imdb, tmdb, rotten tomatos. Although I can manually type in metacritic, not sure if that works though. But I did have the universal tmm scraper selected and for ratings chose omdbapi.

The ratings did change but they are not the metacritic ratings...
As I said tmm just adds what's retrieved from omdb api.
You may want to check (1) if the metacritic site has ratings for those movies and (2) if the omdb api returns metacritic ratings for those movies in omdb site (you can enter imdb id in examples section) to see if it's their fault.
(2020-07-29, 14:53)tars Wrote: [ -> ]As I said tmm just adds what's retrieved from omdb api.
You may want to check (1) if the metacritic site has ratings for those movies and (2) if the omdb api returns metacritic ratings for those movies in omdb site (you can enter imdb id in examples section) to see if it's their fault.

Got it to work!!

When I went into  "edit movie" I was able to see what ratings it had, and I saw the Metacritic in there, it was called "metascore", so that's what I had to type in under preferred ratings and it showed up. Only problem now is it is showing  "0" for Votes, when this particular movie actually has 27 Critic Reviews on metacritic, and 44 User. Would be great for it to show the # votes AKA critic reviews, that make up that rating that is displayed.

Also when there is no metascore, it falls back on the tmdb score, I prefer the imdb score, so how do I get it to fall back on that automatically? I know I can go into edit movie, and delete the tmdb rating and then it will use the remaining imdb, but wondering if there is a way to not have to do it manually.

Thanks again for your help, it seems when we answer one question, 2 new ones pop up, but I feel like im getting close to figuring everything out and I can start mass renaming scraping my entire library!
- Metascore is still not in the list of preferred ratings setting though it works if "metascore" is typed manually or edited with movies json file.
- Adding "fallback" option below preferred rating would be nice. If the user wants only Rotten Tomatoes ratings displayed, it would only require fallback being "none".
Thanks for improving "preferred rating" setting!
But I'm not sure why it always falls back to TMDb rating when the preferred rating is not present for the movie.
If you add only "Rotten Tomatoes" to the setting, you would expect it would show either RT rating or a blank cell. But it shows TMDb ratings instead for movies without RT ratings, mixing up two ratings for movies below 10.0 rating.
Shouldn't it do that only when the user has added TMDb as a second option?
as a last fallback it shows _any_ rating it gets..
just imagine - a user won't insert all possible rating ids just to have a value displayed - he just want to have a value displayed... If we would implement this that strict, the user needs to insert all possible rating ids to have a rating displayed
OK. That's fine. I'll just stick to my own exported table where I can show all kinds of ratings and browse them all at once.
But here's just my 2 cents:

(2021-01-19, 21:46)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]as a last fallback it shows _any_ rating it gets..

That's what makes it completely useless for movies that don't have the preferred rating. Even when you have added a specific rating to the setting, you don't know what rating you're seeing. When the movie's rating is 8.0, it's almost bottom for Rotten Tomatoes but pretty high for IMDb and TMDb rating. You won't know it until you open Edit Movie window and check ratings.

(2021-01-19, 21:46)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]just imagine - a user won't insert all possible rating ids just to have a value displayed - he just want to have a value displayed... If we would implement this that strict, the user needs to insert all possible rating ids to have a rating displayed

Either IMDb or TMDb rating almost covers every movie. Isn't the default setting just IMDb rating?
Probably most users only scrape and show just IMDb rating and even haven't noticed the changes in the setting.
Then why would the user try to remove IMDb rating from the setting if all he want is just have any value displayed?
after reading the whole thread again I must say that I totally misunderstood you (or mixed your request with another one?). Let me discuss that topic with my colleagues
Thanks a lot for supporting multiple ratings display not just for columns but details tab as well! Looking great now!