Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nazgulled Wrote:What exactly does this mean?

It means that no "extras" should be included in the builds, only clean builds from the linuxport branch.

"extras" could be linuxport builds with patches or other (e.g. smoothvideo) branch builds.
PolliSoft Wrote:It means that no "extras" should be included in the builds, only clean builds from the linuxport branch.

"extras" could be linuxport builds with patches or other (e.g. smoothvideo) branch builds.

Right, the goal is to get everyone on the same page so we aren't hunting ghosts that aren't actually in the mainline code and hopefully get more reports for the bugs that are.
so smoothvideo will not be part of "main" branch at any time soon?
Upped Rev18851 Smile
nekrosoft13 Wrote:so smoothvideo will not be part of "main" branch at any time soon?
Honestly, with the analog multichannel output under Windows being still messed up, how could it be part of the main branch?
Smoothvideo need to resample to get the best results and you can't resample AC3/DTS, only drop packets.
Go it Smile
Upped Rev18897 Smile
althekiller Wrote:Hey guys. We're on the verge of feature freeze for 9.04. I'd like to ask that during this time you only release virgin builds of the branches/linuxport tree to facilitate in bug hunting. Keep an eye on the news page for the official announcement.

I'm going to PM this to kricker, ikons and jester aswell, to make sure word gets out.

I am reliably informed via IRC that the "feature freeze for 9.04" is now in effect and a news post will be made in the near future.
Upped Rev18923 Smile
Upped Rev18936 Smile
FYI, You might wanna hold off on builds until this is fixed.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47495
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6163
If the bug is already in the latest build here, I wouldn't mind if you guys still uploaded them and just added as a disclaimer that scripts won't work.
Upped Rev18946 Smile

The plugin bug seems to be solved (at least for me)
ikons Wrote:Upped Rev18946 Smile

The plugin bug seems to be solved (at least for me)
Jmarshall fixed it for now in 18944.