Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sergiocos Wrote:no data lost after installing these builds... It's safe, so you should try it!

the revisions above 22519 are maybe not killing things, but can be considered as being even more unstable than the recently nightly builds already are. you could call them alphas of alphas.

so unless you just want to see if directx rendering is working and how it does at current stage, you should avoid installing a revision >22519 at this point.

it will not make you happy for your everyday usage right now.
You won't see how directx rendering is working with the -gl builds. You need to have a -dx build. There is a new option for compiling to choose between directx or openGL. The default is currently -gl and if you see that on the end of a build name for now that means it still uses openGL. If you see a build with -dx on the end of it, that will be using directx, which I must say appears to be moving along quite well. I played with a -dx build late last night.
I made a feature request directly onto kay.one's xbmc updater code page, but I wanted to check the feasibility with those in the know...

Will it be possible to set preference within the updater for either the opengl or directx builds? Or will everything be directx at the end of this revision tunnel, and that won't be an issue?
jmarshall mentioned the windows version may become directx only when it's done. Only time will tell for now. I don't see kay.one adding that as an option unless in the end we actually end up with 2 different versions.
kricker Wrote:You won't see how directx rendering is working with the -gl builds. You need to have a -dx build. There is a new option for compiling to choose between directx or openGL. The default is currently -gl and if you see that on the end of a build name for now that means it still uses openGL. If you see a build with -dx on the end of it, that will be using directx, which I must say appears to be moving along quite well. I played with a -dx build late last night.

Wow, I don't know the existence of xbmc with opengl and dx support to read you. I installed yesterday the -GL version but I don't know the meaning of -GL

I have downloader de 22676-Gl, where I can find -DX ?? and what is best for Windows GL or DX?

sorry for my english please.
calibra3 Wrote:Wow, I don't know the existence of xbmc with opengl and dx support to read you. I installed yesterday the -GL version but I don't know the meaning of -GL

I have downloader de 22676-Gl, where I can find -DX ?? and what is best for Windows GL or DX?

sorry for my english please.
You won't find a dx build right now unless someone posts one, and it won't be me. I don't think the devs want that to happen just yet.
as long as it's made perfectly clear that this is WIP code and that anyone grabbing it have to expect a bumpy ride, we're certainly not against it (rather the opposite). we're past the initial this-crap-won't-even-compile-stage and are at the why-doesnt-that-crap-render stage Wink
spiff Wrote:as long as it's made perfectly clear that this is WIP code and that anyone grabbing it have to expect a bumpy ride, we're certainly not against it (rather the opposite). we're past the initial this-crap-won't-even-compile-stage and are at the why-doesnt-that-crap-render stage Wink
That's all I needed to hear. Thanks Spiff.

XBMCSetup-Rev22704-dx
- use at your own risk.
and thank you for honoring our announcement/request
kricker Wrote:That's all I needed to hear. Thanks Spiff.

XBMCSetup-Rev22704-dx
- use at your own risk.

great, thank you for giving the possibility to participate in it's testing (unfortunately i don't find a way to do my own builds on my x64 machine yet)

ok, did not know that the gl builds are in fact the "same old" builds, but i still found a difference as now there is the recognition of the 2nd display and it's current screen dimensions, which trims down the possibilities to use fullscreen on #1, fullscreen on #2 or windowed on #1. furthermore i see strange white screens on where there can't be found the images to be displayed. just thought that has to do with different rendering methods now..

is there any section on the forum where we can discuss the experiences with those builds? i made a first step with my "feedback" thread, but dunno if that was the right way to start about. maybe the devs would like to hear some feedback from end users that know this is WIP and just want to tell how it's going so far..

edit: WOW! that's funky. after xbmc on my win 7 told me it's missing d3dx9_41.dll (which has to go into windows\system) i was able to fire it up, and after selecting 1360x768 fullscreen #2 it perfectly fits my tv now! too bad i can't watch any movie on it yet Smile does it need directx 9 to be completely installed?
azido Wrote:..
edit: WOW! that's funky. after xbmc on my win 7 told me it's missing d3dx9_41.dll (which has to go into windows\system) i was able to fire it up, and after selecting 1360x768 fullscreen #2 it perfectly fits my tv now! too bad i can't watch any movie on it yet Smile does it need directx 9 to be completely installed?

Any issues with should be posted elsewhere Wink Remember we are just discussing the build process here and devs wont look here to answer issues.
kricker Wrote:Any issues with should be posted elsewhere Wink Remember we are just discussing the build process here and devs wont look here to answer issues.

of course..

please keep us (me) updated with those dx builds if you have the time/the space. really appreciate it..

edit: what do you use to build these? visual studio .net 2003 or visual studio 2008 ? i might try doing my own builds.
vs 2008 or vc++ express 2008
with dx sdk and windows sdk
calibra3 Wrote:hello friends, I have Henry from spain.
I have a dude, please can any answer me?

I install one month ago, a SVC 221xx version of one user of this forum, and I have 120 movies with fanart,movies and thumbs.

Then, I have had problems with the scraper of filmaffinity , and I have downloaded de SVN 22676-gl .

If I install this new version, Will update mi actual XBMC to the last version, without loose all my info and fanart of my movies??

only this.
thanks

I would suggest you update using XBMCUpdate. it'll update your build to the latest version automatically and makes sure your settings and library stay safe. look in my signature.
kricker Wrote:jmarshall mentioned the windows version may become directx only when it's done. Only time will tell for now. I don't see kay.one adding that as an option unless in the end we actually end up with 2 different versions.

this request doesn't really require any code change, all that needs to be done is for kricker to upload the dx builds to a separate folder and whomever that wants to update to dx builds would set that url as their xbmcupdate source.

I think that would be simple enough.