Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Curious, testing XBMC, something happened that I can not solve (or understand).

Testing a few keyboard commands used ESC to get out of an episode of a series that was playing and used the TAB to return to full screen this episode ...

Thereafter, the screen that filled the 1920x1080, is now displayed with another measure in the width (in normal mode):

ORIGINAL: 1280x720
BEFORE SHOWN: 1920x1080
NOW SHOWN: 1755X1080

ORIGINAL: 1920X1080
BEFORE SHOWN: 1920x1080
NOW SHOWN: 1742X1080

I can not figure out why?! :confused2:

[els]

Notes:

Version SVN: 23149 (XBMC_PCInstaller_23149.rar) (Win32 Installer)
[http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=BuildsDownlo...&BN=23149]
Install Location: C:\Program Files\XBMC\
SETTINGS >>> APPEARANCE >>> SCREEN = 1080P60 (FULL SCREEN) OR WINDOWED

SKIN: [MOD] Aeon ShowMix V2.00 (v2.01)
File: andyblac-aeon-9e03f1f2a772ffbac5a651a58f2508489e917916.zip
[http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52755]
Folder Name: Aeon ShowMix
Install Location: C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\

GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (256M) Onboard M3A78-EM
MONITOR: MONITOR/TV LG 42LG80FD 42" FullHD (1920X1080) Scarlet

-=[ R E S O L V E D ]=- Big Grin ||| I Hope|||

I guess I found the cause of the problem:
  1. As the skin chosen ([MOD] Aeon ShowMix V2.00 (V2.01)) did not work (properly) with the release downloaded from the site: XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2,
  2. I installed the release (unofficial and unsupported): SVN: 23149 (XBMC_PCInstaller_23149.rar) (Win32 Installer),
  3. It turns out that such a release, although it allowed to use the skin, began to cause the reported problem.
What I did (and I'm doing):
  1. In a specific site of the skin (Aeon ShowMix), not in the XBMC forum, is quoted a release (SVN 22516 (I used. Exe) [tks ikons]) that - somehow - ensures that the skin will work 100%,
  2. I downloaded and installed this release.
  3. Several attempts: Installation on top of the official version and direct installation (completely uninstalling the official version)
    The result was something similar to the most current release (SVN 23149), however - and better - no problem with the resolution (which I had reported).
  4. BUT, (you thought it would not have a BUT?!), Every time he gave a Shutdown (in case of skin = Exit XBMC), XBMC crashed ... I switched to the default skin and nothing: the problem still ... I went to Aeon skin ShowMix and fussing and fussing away from here, I found that going into Videos, calling and checking the options and / or clearing the item Posters, XBMC to hang on (Huh). Please note: just do this only once, then XBMC seems to be (definitely) 100% on this item (but I will continue testing (see below)).
Conclusion:

If possible today, I will do further tests and then post here my final conclusions (and fuller).

[els] Nod

Note: Excuse my English, since what counts is the intention...
ikons.

Please could you give attention to this my post?

Congratulations on your work with the SVNs. Nod

Grateful.

[els]
'[els Wrote:]
If possible today, I will do further tests and then post here my final conclusions (and fuller).

[els] Nod

hopefully you won't do that, as this is as most offtopic as a post have ever been in this thread.
Shocked
azido.
Sorry, sorry and sorry.
Ok, i don't do that. Blush
I'm newbie and my english...
Gratefull and cheers.
[els]
ikons Wrote:Upped
XBMCSetup-Rev23196-dx.exe
and
XBMCSetup-Rev23196-gl.exe
Smile
Please, ikons.
In my case:
S.O.: Vista SP1 32-bit
GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (256M) Onboard M3A78-EM
dx or gl?
Tks.
[els]
Try the GL one first.

The purpose of releasing these builds is primarily for testing.
ikons Wrote:Upped
XBMCSetup-Rev23196-dx.exe
and
XBMCSetup-Rev23196-gl.exe
Smile

could you please upload a zipped only version of the dx builds for XBMCUpdate as well? I checked the dx folder and the latest one is rev.23120.

Thanks.
I just got back from vacation. If everything builds properly tomorrow morning, new zip files will be posted Wink
kricker Wrote:I just got back from vacation. If everything builds properly tomorrow morning, new zip files will be posted Wink

Thanks,
Only for info, in the moment i have build-errors Wink
My build is broken too - the squish.lib that's checked in is too old for my VS2008 linker, apparently.

Next time I get a working Windows build I'm going to stop updating for a while until things settle down a bit.
current svn builds fine for me including linking to squish.lib with vs2008 express.

update: just played with the debug version. maybe the fix for the release build by chadoe does the trick for you
hi, downloaded nighty build XBMC_PCO_23233
everythings running fine under win7 x64 rc1, well but <blackbarcolour> in advanchedsettings seems to be ignored... anyone a tip?