Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me, yes.
theuni Wrote:BrokenCodes-

Please do not post any more binaries unless they have code with them. We gave you some slack before...

Also, please open a new thread if you'd like feedback on those builds. We don't want users confusing untouched builds with those that have been modified.

TheUni

Discontinued... Unable to find svn / storage for source
@kricker: Strange that the same file reports different version number on different machines. exactly where is the version number stored? In the exe, registry or in a different file?
StarChild Wrote:@kricker: Strange that the same file reports different version number on different machines. exactly where is the version number stored? In the exe, registry or in a different file?
Honestly, I'm not sure and haven't had time to investigate yet.
@StarChild. I'm using both the Zip and the EXE versions of Kricker's builds and both of them report the right version numbers.
@StarChild,
My version numbers were out-of-whack too. However, about a week ago, I did a clean install (from a zip DX file) and all of kricker's updates have been the correct version numbers since then.
"Clean Install" : I backed up my "userdata" directory, deleted everything, installed clean & restored my backed-up "userdata" directory.
I tried a complete clean install several times to. In fact I try that almost with every new release sense I noticed this problem. Yesterday I took a step further, I didn't just delete my userdata and profile, I deleted the updater and I did a search on my computer and deleted everything that appeared and contained 'xbmc'. I also deleted Temp folders and much more. But it didn't help.
I have also search the registry without any signs of version number, but next time I will delete everything that have something to do with xbmc in the registry to try if that helps.
I've also tried to disable 'Application modification detection' in my firewall without luck.

I also did a new thing. I skipped a version and instead did go directly from XBMCSetup-Rev24064-gl.exe to XBMCSetup-Rev24114-gl.exe.
The thing with that is that Rev24114 reported version 24102 which have never been installed at all on my system. So the conclusion I took of that was that the version number isn't stored in my system.

But the mystique remains why the same build reports different things on different machines. What OS are you guys use? and what language?

Regards StarChild
StarChild Wrote:I tried a complete clean install several times to. In fact I try that almost with every new release sense I noticed this problem. Yesterday I took a step further, I didn't just delete my userdata and profile, I deleted the updater and I did a search on my computer and deleted everything that appeared and contained 'xbmc'. I also deleted Temp folders and much more. But it didn't help.
I have also search the registry without any signs of version number, but next time I will delete everything that have something to do with xbmc in the registry to try if that helps.
I've also tried to disable 'Application modification detection' in my firewall without luck.

I also did a new thing. I skipped a version and instead did go directly from XBMCSetup-Rev24064-gl.exe to XBMCSetup-Rev24114-gl.exe.
The thing with that is that Rev24114 reported version 24102 which have never been installed at all on my system. So the conclusion I took of that was that the version number isn't stored in my system.

But the mystique remains why the same build reports different things on different machines. What OS are you guys use? and what language?

Regards StarChild

I'm using both XP and Windows 7 but I'm using the DX versions. I suggest though, if we want to continue this conversation we move it to here
dj_gerbil Wrote:I'm using both XP and Windows 7 but I'm using the DX versions. I suggest though, if we want to continue this conversation we move it to here

Ok, It's just not the dx build that reports the wrong version. what does the gl build reports for you?
It's fine to discuss this issue here. It may be a build issue. I use both win7 and xp as well as switch between gl and dx.
StarChild Wrote:Ok, It's just not the dx build that reports the wrong version. what does the gl build reports for you?

Ok, just installed the GL version of 24114 and its reporting as 24102Confused so I'm guessing the version bug is lurking in the GL builds only.

@kricker, That's good, I didn't want to upset anyone lol.
It has been a week sense I tested a working DX build, so I don't know if the recent builds works for me. Last time it worked for some others, but it didn't work for me (version number that is). The later DX builds I haven't been able to install because some missing file. I'm sure thats easy fixed if I look it up.

Cheers StarChild

EDIT: Im using Win7 64bit to.
EDIT2: Ok, just installed the missing dll and r24114-DX reports r24114 so it seems that it's just the GL build for now.
What's the big fuss over what build number is showing in xbmc.
I can confirm that Rev24114-gl does show up as a diferent build
Not that i care about that as finally i have a vesion of xbmc that appears Bug Free.
So Many thanks Kricker for your continued hard work doing these buildsBig GrinBig Grin
paul Wrote:What's the big fuss over what build number is showing in xbmc.
I can confirm that Rev24114-gl does show up as a diferent build

of course that's nothing that harms the usage of xbmc, but it can be irritating when you need to report the version number to track down where an issue started.
azido Wrote:of course that's nothing that harms the usage of xbmc, but it can be irritating when you need to report the version number to track down where an issue started.
You got a point there but still not a major issue and i am sure the issue will be rectified in the near futureSmile