Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aliased pictures and text on TV but not monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm having a strange problem with Kodi on Win10. When I open it on the television attached to my computer, not only is Kodi itself terribly aliased to the point where the text is almost unreadable, but it makes Windows look that way as well. If I refresh the display (say by changing the resolution and then changing it back) it fixes the problem. When I open it on the monitor, I have no problems whatsoever. In fact, even when I take screenshots of the TV, the pictures look normal when I look at them on the computer. I'd been using Kodi like this for years without a problem before it suddenly became an issue this week. I assume this is my graphics card being disagreeable all of a sudden - I recently updated the drivers - but I can't figure out exactly what setting is incorrect. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Kodi 18.6
Windows 10 build 18363
i7-2600 64-bit
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 950 (driver version 26.21.14.4587, latest version)
log: https://paste.kodi.tv/abizosiciw.kodi
log is no good. Please enable debug mode in Settings>System settings>Logging.
(2020-05-18, 03:55)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]log is no good. Please enable debug mode in Settings>System settings>Logging.

Sorry about that! How's this: https://paste.kodi.tv/lutisaleci.kodi
Nope still not good. You enabled debug mode but you did not restart, so I still cannot see what happens during startup of Kodi.
(2020-05-18, 04:06)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nope still not good. You enabled debug mode but you did not restart, so I still cannot see what happens during startup of Kodi.

Yikes! Sorry about that, and thanks for your patience. Hopefully the third time's the charm: https://paste.kodi.tv/wepaxepiki.kodi
Yep, that's it. Unfortunately after all that work, there is nothing revealing in the log... it all looks normal.

Did you experience pixelation when this log was created? Was it there from the start? I notice some resizing of the window, is that you trying to clear the pixelation?

I am guessing the issue exists outside of Kodi, something in your graphics card settings. You should check the settings and disable any enhancements, game modes etc. Also check the tv for the same settings.

Just before Kodi closed down completely I noticed the following lines, but I have never seen that before, so no idea what it means...
xml:
ERROR: CWinSystemWin32::ChangeResolution: ChangeDisplaySettingsEx (W8+ set registry) failed with -2, using fallback
ERROR: CWinSystemWin32::ChangeResolution: ChangeDisplaySettingsEx failed with -2

Hopefully someone else may have experienced the same and knows the fix.
(2020-05-18, 05:24)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Did you experience pixelation when this log was created? Was it there from the start? I notice some resizing of the window, is that you trying to clear the pixelation?
I did experience pixelation on this launch, but I didn't try to clear it; I just opened Kodi to get the log and closed it.

Thanks for your feedback and your help with getting the log straightened out! Hopefully someone's had this problem before
One new data point: if I turn off "use fullscreen window" in Kodi, the problem becomes impossible to fix until I switch the setting back on (at which point changing and reverting the resolution once again works as a clumsy fix)