Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to instantly Jump to a specific point in a video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Never mind, this doesn’t seem to of the work. I thought I had found the solution as well as follows:

This was coded by someone named jhsrennie. It’s funny I searched all over for this and didn’t find anything and then when searching for something else, I found this.

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<zero>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(99))</zero>
<one>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(10))</one>
<two>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(20))</two>
<three>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(30))</three>
<four>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(40))</four>
<five>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(50))</five>
<six>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(60))</six>
<seven>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(70))</seven>
<eight>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(80))</eight>
<nine>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(90))</nine>
<period>SkipNext</period>
<comma>SkipPrevious</comma>
<backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

Anyway to make this work with current Kodi?

Mods please move this to an appropriate forum if this is not the right place. I did address this in a previous post but it was not really the main question as I was troubleshooting my XML file. I figured this was a separate topic so I pulled it out and I’m posting it here.

What I would like to do with simple. Press the button and go to a specific % in a video. This is what my old popcorn our did with the 0-9 keys. You press three and you go to 30%. You press 6 and go to 60%. I have the key map ad on and I understand how to use it but what I don’t understand is if there any advancedsettings.XML commands that will allow you to go to a specific point in a video.

Can this be done and are there instructions about how to do it?

Thanks
How can I percentage have you jump to a "specific" point in a video? A percentage is a relative thing and different for every video, while a timestamp is a direct and accurate point in time. A percentage can only work when all your videos are of the exact same time length. I doubt that is the case.
By default this applies https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Time_skipping

I've just tried the below in my keymap.xml file and it works.

xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Note to won't necessarily seek to the exact percentage mark as Kodi always seeks to the nearest key frame in the video to ensure video/audio sync is retained.
You know you can just enter a time HH:MM:SS and jump there?

scott s.
(2020-05-19, 00:14)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]You know you can just enter a time HH:MM:SS and jump there?

scott s.

That is so much more complicated than what I’m trying to do . And I don’t really want to deal with time markers, that’s my point , I want to deal with percentages. Entering six digits and “enter” is so much more complicated than hitting one button and getting very close to where I want to be. Plus halfway through a movie is always going to be halfway through a movie. I don’t need to ( nor have the urge to have to do this for every single clip ) calculate what time is going to approximate halfway through the movie.
Never mind. The problem is my remote buttons are not working the same way as the keyboard numbers.

Works fine on the keyboard so I just need to figure out how to map remote Numbers to keyboard numbers which the pi does seem to recognize as numbers.

(2020-05-18, 10:02)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]By default this applies https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Time_skipping

I've just tried the below in my keymap.xml file and it works.

xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Note to won't necessarily seek to the exact percentage mark as Kodi always seeks to the nearest key frame in the video to ensure video/audio sync is retained.

Which keymap file are you adding this to? And yeah thank you I’m aware of the key frame thing, and that’s easily close enough.

This is mine and isn’t working. It’s in the user data keymap folder

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="210">contextmenu</key></keyboard></global><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="167">chapterorbigstepback</key><key id="61513">chapterorbigstepback</key><key id="166">bigstepforward</key><key id="167">bigstepback</key> <zero>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(99))</zero>
<period>SkipNext</period>
<comma>SkipPrevious</comma>
<backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace> </keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>