Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Disable Default Weather Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Kodi 18, Estuary running on CoreElec -
I cannot disable default weather icons, so even though I've enabled other weather icons add ons they don't display.
Disable button for default weather icons is greyed out.
How can I disable them?
(2020-05-18, 22:26)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]5.4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Settings
Not working.
I have weather fanart downloaded, enabled, and selected (checkmarked in list).
Default weather art still enabled and therefore displaying.
Default disable button is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

When I click on select weather fanart, window opens showing Default art and "Get more".
When I click on Get More, list opens, I scroll down and click on weather fanart.
Window opens to enable it, etc., then checkmark shows next to it in list.
But whenever I click on select weather fanart, only Default and "Get More" shows, never the weather fanart I selected, no matter how many times I select. it.
(2020-05-19, 02:12)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]Window opens to enable it, etc., then checkmark shows next to it in list.
Then after this point, exit out of the screen and back to the screen shown in setting 5.4. Don't try to enable or disable anything.

Now reselect Choose Weather Fanart Pack and choose the pack you want.
weather icons and weather fanart are two different things.

the default weather icons are shipped with kodi and can not be disabled.
estuary also does not have an option to select other weather icons.

i guess you are downloading weather icons, but those will not show up in the weather fanart select dialog.
oops, excuse my blooper.
Feeling a little strange about the self promotion, but my Estuary mod does support Weather Icon packs.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143
@pkscout - download is repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.1.zip
Is this an add on or a different skin?
Is it available as download from within Kodi or only as install from zip?
(2020-05-19, 15:37)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout - download is repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.1.zip
Is this an add on or a different skin?
Is it available as download from within Kodi or only as install from zip?
The repo itself is a zip download that you install from zip.  Once you've installed that, when you go to the Kodi addon area you can either browse all repos or just my skin repo.  The skin mod is in LOOK AND FEEL > SKINS.  This is a different skin, but it maintains probably 98% of the original Estuary code (and I update it as Estuary is updated). If you look at the first post on the thread a linked to above, you can see a list of all the mods.  Most of the mods can be individually disabled, so you can potentially use my mod and get the exact same Estuary experience except with the Weather Icons you want.  the one bigger change that can't be disabled is how you manage the home screen.  My mod allows you to move both menu items and widgets around, so you have to use that to manage the home screen.  But you get the normal Estuary layout by default.
I'm getting error message: 
"The dependency on xmbc.gui version 5.12.0 could not be (push notice cut off - presume it's not be "installed")"
Only Dependencies and Install buttons are active for skin.
When I click install, Dependencies window opens and I must click Install (only other option is Cancel).
After getting error message 1st time, I clicked on first dependency and installed it, then checked all others and they were already installed.
When I go to skins, there's no Estuary Mod installed.
(2020-05-19, 22:44)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting error message: 
"The dependency on xmbc.gui version 5.12.0 could not be (push notice cut off - presume it's not be "installed")"
Only Dependencies and Install buttons are active for skin.
When I click install, Dependencies window opens and I must click Install (only other option is Cancel).
After getting error message 1st time, I clicked on first dependency and installed it, then checked all others and they were already installed.
When I go to skins, there's no Estuary Mod installed.
Make sure you are download the Estuary mod for LEIA. It has LEIA in the name.  There is another one listed as well that is for Kodi 17.  That definitely won't work on Kodi 18.  If that doesn't do it, I'd need to see a debug log to be able to help any. I literally just installed my skin addon repo on a Kodi 18 machine two days ago, so I know it works.
Installed Estuary mod for LEIA, and really like ability to turn off all those "Recently" this and that,
but default weather icons still override weather fanart.
Have two weather fanart add ons installed and enabled.
Maybe I'm missing something on how to activate weather fanart?
Using Gismeteo weather service as only option-
Too many problems with Weatherbit IO - always busy, or error log.
Yahoo Weather and Open Weather Map Extended won't display weather/temp below time.
In USA, not UK, Aus or China.
Wish there was an option to use US National Weather Service (NOAA).
I find its forecast more accurate/reliable.
(2020-05-20, 16:56)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]Installed Estuary mod for LEIA, and really like ability to turn off all those "Recently" this and that,
but default weather icons still override weather fanart.
Have two weather fanart add ons installed and enabled.
Maybe I'm missing something on how to activate weather fanart?
Using Gismeteo weather service as only option-
Too many problems with Weatherbit IO - always busy, or error log.
Yahoo Weather and Open Weather Map Extended won't display weather/temp below time.
In USA, not UK, Aus or China.
Wish there was an option to use US National Weather Service (NOAA).
I find its forecast more accurate/reliable.
Getting weather icons (and weather fan art) is a two step process.  First you have to download the packs from the addon repo.  Then go to SETTINGS > INTERFACE > SKIN > CONFIGURE SKIN.  In there go to the ARTWORK section and then enable the packs you downloaded using CHOOSE WEATHER ICON PACK (for icons) and CHOOSE WEATHER FANART PACK (for fan art).
OK, thanks.
Had weather icons (2), but no weather fanart.
Finally got fanart to install.
Having serious problem with wifi dongle.
Thanks again.