Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi does not start on QNAP TVS 673 with HD station 4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated Kodi to Matrix on my qnap tvs 673 with HD station 4.1.
Now Kodi no longer starts, when I touch the icon the charging symbol comes up but after a little while it disappears and no more happens.
I've also tried Kodi Leia from qnapclub but it doesn't start either.
I have tried to downgrade QTS step by step down to 4.4.1.1216 where I am now.
Very grateful for help.
Is it possible to SSH into the QNAP and confirm the process is running?  Can you obtain logfiles that way?
(2020-05-23, 11:27)Preacher Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to SSH into the QNAP and confirm the process is running?  Can you obtain logfiles that way?

I have tried to get a log file in QTS but nothing is logged when I try to start up Kodi in HD station. I'm not so good at things like this. Thank you for your time.
If you know which directory your Kodi install is located, look for the file 'kodi.log' in the temp/ directory - that ought to have some information in it.
(2020-05-23, 21:15)Preacher Wrote: [ -> ]If you know which directory your Kodi install is located, look for the file 'kodi.log' in the temp/ directory - that ought to have some information in it.

I can reach my NAS in putty with my windows computer, do you have any command to get a log file here?
@micanmg Kodi developers do not officially support any NAS devices and do not provide binaries for such a platform.
Your best bet would be to refer to the very place you got your Kodi package from because in order to run Kodi on your device Kodi source code has to be modified (patched) and no one here knows how and what was modified
and the probability of finding people who know the nuisances of your particular device/platform are much higher in a place dedicated to those devices.
Refer to qnap support and/or forums.
(2020-05-24, 12:26)micanmg Wrote: [ -> ]I can reach my NAS in putty with my windows computer, do you have any command to get a log file here?
Now, if only someone had written some useful information about commands, directory locations, logfiles, etc...