Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitles - Store delay per movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
i hope this question wasn't already asked, i couldn't find it anyways. Can Kodi store the subtitle delay per movie? Sometimes i can't find a perfect synced sub. In this cases, i sync them manually in the player which works awesome. The next time i start the movie, the deposit delay is gone.
Thank you already
cgi
If you are interested in fixing the sync outside of Kodi using other software, then try Aegisub... http://www.aegisub.org/

There is a function to adjust the timing for the whole subtitle file as well as for individual lines.
(2020-05-24, 08:07)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Kodi store the subtitle delay per movie?

It does that per video file, in the settings table, in the SubtitleDelay field.
(2020-05-24, 08:42)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]If you are interested in fixing the sync outside of Kodi using other software, then try Aegisub... http://www.aegisub.org/

There is a function to adjust the timing for the whole subtitle file as well as for individual lines.
Interesting. I made a small Linux program to do some of that myself. It can do whole subtitle file as well as a range. Only works on SRT files.
Thanks for the info.
Aegisub... The latest stable version is 3.2.2, released December 7, 2014 Sad

I'm hoping for a subtitle editor that will use sliders for mainly setting the offset of subtitles, instead of having to type some values as its main type of input.
That should be possible these days.
(2020-05-24, 10:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-24, 08:07)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Can Kodi store the subtitle delay per movie?

It does that per video file, in the settings table, in the SubtitleDelay field.

Thank you for all the helpful answers. I would prefer the solution direktly in Kodi. Unfortunatly I can't find the the Subtile Delay under Settings... Could you help me out once more?

Thx
(2020-05-25, 19:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Aegisub... The latest stable version is 3.2.2, released December 7, 2014 Sad

I'm hoping for a subtitle editor that will use sliders for mainly setting the offset of subtitles, instead of having to type some values as its main type of input.
That should be possible these days.
Do you look at SubtitleEdit on Win at all?  I do very little with subs, but it seems to have a couple different sync capabiities.

scott s.
(2020-05-26, 18:42)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunatly I can't find the the Subtile Delay under Settings... Could you help me out once more?

The subtitles delay can be found via the OSD screens during a video. Press ENTER / OK and select the subtitles icon in the bottom right of the screen for further options.
(2020-05-26, 21:56)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-26, 18:42)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunatly I can't find the the Subtile Delay under Settings... Could you help me out once more?

The subtitles delay can be found via the OSD screens during a video. Press ENTER / OK and select the subtitles icon in the bottom right of the screen for further options.

Thank you for the clarification.
In my case the subtitle options are in the bottom left, where i change the delay of the subtitle to 0.500s for example. When I am starting Kodi again the next day, the subtitle setting is back at 0.000s. I want Kodi to save the setting permanently for every unique movie.
Greets
Cgi
Enable debugging for the log file file, also activate the Database component if possible.
Then re-do the whole process and provide the log file. Perhaps the SQL storage isn't going properly.
Thank you for the hint. I'll make a log in the next few days.
Hello everyone,
It looks like the problem is gone. I activated the log and then tried to replicate the situation. I tried four times, but always saved Kodi the delay. Even after restarting Kodi.
Sorry for the fuzz, everything works correct now. So it seems.

Big thanks for all the tips!
Cgi
Thread marked solved.