Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Steveb1968 Skin Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,
I've made a few tweaks to the current Steveb1968 skin to suit my own taste better:-
1) Increasing the number of EPG rows.
2) Moving the EPG Plot to the top of the screen.
3) Adding support for IMDB star rating and Genre to the OSD.
4) Adding coloured media flags to the OSD

For those interested, you can get this updated copy using the below link:-
http://mega.nz/file/QSRUUQaS#d7M97xRbegN...Djmjv_YasQ

Just rename your current default skin folder to default(old), then copy the new default skin from the unzipped file into the skin directory folder.
You will also need to edit the row count from 6 to 9 on the EPGWindow.py file, which is located in the Lib folder (line 39)
Enjoy!.... Smile

ImageImage
(2020-05-24, 18:06)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]For those interested, you can get this updated copy using the below link:-

We prefer for developers to use Github accounts where sources of applications and add-ons are visible and verifiable, instead of a shady 'mega' download link.

Would that be possible?
(2020-05-24, 18:37)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-24, 18:06)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]For those interested, you can get this updated copy using the below link:-

We prefer for developers to use Github accounts where sources of applications and add-ons are visible and verifiable, instead of a shady 'mega' download link.

Would that be possible? 
No. Not possible.
Thanks for the skin. I tried installing it following your instructions but can't get it to work. I'm getting some errors:
https://paste.kodi.tv/aducuzekef.kodi
Hmmm, that's odd.
My main Windows 10 machine has issues with the display driver at the moment, so I'm not able to install Kodi.
However, I just did a quick test on my old Windows 7 machine and everything ran expected.
I'm currently running version 2.5.0 and all of my 72 channels play with no issue and no errors reported in the log either.

I'm not sure why you are getting errors, but your skin folder should now look like this, after you have copied the contents of the un-zipped file into this folder:-

The first default folder is the new skin mod, copied from the un-zipped file. This should contain 2 folders (1080i and Media).
The 1080i folder contains 4 xml files. The media folder contains 9 png files and a sub-folder called 'pstv_flags' which contains the new media flags.
The 2nd folder down 'default (old)' is the original default skin folder after you have renamed it.

Because I've added 3 additional rows to the EPG, you also have to make a slight edit to the EPGwindow.py file located in the Lib folder of the addon. All you need to do is change the row count from 6 to 9 as indicated below (in my case line 39). If Kodi is open you will also need to restart it before these changes take effect:-

If this is what you have done already, then I can't really offer any further explanation as it's working fine for me by doing the same thing. It's a quite simple mod.
Maybe you could try deleting the new skin folder, renaming the old skin folder back to 'default' and changing the row count back to 6 and see if everything returns to 
how it was originally, then try the same procedure again.
Hope this helps and makes things a little clearer.
Thanks for this tweak I especially like the description being moved so now its more readable
Does anyone still have a copy of this version? Thank you kindly in advance if anyone does.
Here you go
https://github.com/Steveb1968/script.pseudotv

for Leia only, i wish someone would write for Matrix